Favorite Splash/I need help finding one and need opinions.

Anything will do.
Under 10" and whatever.

Hit the YouTubes, (all the kids are doing it), and listen to a heap of different splashes.
Whatever makes you have an eargasm, buy that.

Last edited:
10” Paiste Dark Energy Mk1 Splash.

The Splashiest

I've owned lots, and the clearest, purest, glassiest and just overall most perfect splash I've heard is my 8" Dream Bliss splash. Can't recommend it highly enough.

I hear ya on Stewart Copeland! Also Tim Alexander. Also back in 2001 it was Nu Metal and they were in everything.

UFIP probably make the glassiest splashes you'll ever here. Zildjian don't do the Brilliant A Series anymore.

man, yeah...Stewart and Herb were also great users of the splash

I also would love to have the "splash tree" that Gavin Harrison has

Splash cymbals are the runts of any cymbal family, the one who chimes in when there should be silence, the one who speaks quickly but says nothing at all, other than I am here pay me some attention.

Best splash I’ve played I've owned was a Paiste 11” 602 series from 1970s

Zildjian A Custom 10" splash is what I have and I like it very much. imo It sounds exactly the way a splash cymbal is supposed to sound.
Seconded. Great little cymbals. They have sufficient cut too so as not to get lost in the mix so easily.

+1 on all Wuhans. Mine is like a tiny crash cymbal, in a good way. OTOH a K splash is a tiny crash in a bad way. China splashes (mini Chinas) are also good for a quick, bright tone.

Do NOT get any Sabian B8 or B8 Pro splash cymbals, and avoid the Sabian B8 Pro Chinese Splash at all costs. As a matter of fact, if you see one of those, you need buy it, take it home, and just throw it away. Don't ask me how I know.

If you want that "glass breaking" splash sound, get a Sabian AA 6" splash or something in the A Custom variety.

I love my Italian UFIP 8”. I got in the 90’s at Mars Music. Remember that store? I don’t see many drummers using splashes anymore. Seems like it’s all about big ol’ cymbals these days.

I've been banging on the 6", 8", and occasionally 10" Wuhans for years now and I think they get better the more they get played. They still look new...no dents, cracks, warping.

I love my Italian UFIP 8”. I got in the 90’s at Mars Music. Remember that store? I don’t see many drummers using splashes anymore. Seems like it’s all about big ol’ cymbals these days.
Still have some Mars music soft cases. I use to check things out befor heading to JD drumcenter. Heard a pair of 14 Paiste dark/crisps there that were beyond great. Did I get them?..are you kidding..im the procrastination king/idiot stupid fool moron guy.oh..i have a 10 Meinl Raker splash. Used it a few times..somewhere in the basement now.

Last edited:
Back