Favorite piece of gear that's not a drum or cymbal.

petrez

Hmm... Vic Firth X5A, Ahead Drummer Gloves, Roland TM2 (w/bassdrum triggers), Beyerdynamic mics, Pearl Eliminator Redline pedals... And a whole lot more.

yammyfan

Hands down, the Tune-Bot.

If you're on the fence about buying one, check out any of DCP's YouTube videos where they straight-up tell you that a Tune-Bot was used on the drums, especially the Ludwig USA Shootout. To me, there's no better demonstration of what the little device can do.

bmm71

I know I'm late to the forum, but I'd say a 5 foot folding table I use, that is a back saver. It's nice to carry a small table so I can place things at wait level, without always bending at the waist.

SomeBadDrummer

Gold Member
Promark Active Grip 5A rebound sticks. For years I used stick tape on 7A sticks for the light weight, better cymbal sounds, but with a fatter grip for my hands. Now it’s all in one stick model, that lets me keep my grip extra loose.

My Tama Roadpro HS800W snare stand. Its Omni-ball tilt and its swivel basket make it the best snare stand I’ve ever used.
One of the very few pieces of hardware I own that isn’t Tama is a DW 5000 cantilevered snare stand; it will hold a beast of a drum off kilter without flinching, buckling or swaying- it is a beautiful and magnificent thing.
My other precious non drum or cymbal item is a Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal.

They are shown here sans the snare drum
505625D4-FBDF-44D5-860A-8E4F759F6DB1.jpeg
Tama HH905RH remote cable hi hat rig. It has helped transform my approach to the kit, and caused me to think much more about why I’m playing what I’m playing.

Last edited:

Out of Round

My trusty cordura cymbal bag, received as a gift from my folks in the late 80s. The manufacturer's label fell off years ago, so I don't even know who made it.

Not only will a 24" cymbal fit in it, but over the years it also served as a bed for a puppy and later a cat. After extensive lint-rolling, it's always good to go.

iCe

Silver Member
I think i'm going to go with my Vic Firth Essentials stick bag. I only use 1 type of sticks (Vic Firth Maple SD9 Driver) and that stick bag is perfect for that. Got the idea from Thomas Lang (who uses a different marching stick bag, but the idea is the same) and also places it on the snare drum. Really like that, because i have central spot for my sticks and can reach with either my left or right hand if i should lose a stick. No need for a stick holder on my hihat stand anymore and a bulky stick bag on my floor tom (which always got in the way since i like my floor toms close to me).

index.php

yammyfan

I think i'm going to go with my Vic Firth Essentials stick bag. I only use 1 type of sticks (Vic Firth Maple SD9 Driver) and that stick bag is perfect for that. Got the idea from Thomas Lang (who uses a different marching stick bag, but the idea is the same) and also places it on the snare drum. Really like that, because i have central spot for my sticks and can reach with either my left or right hand if i should lose a stick. No need for a stick holder on my hihat stand anymore and a bulky stick bag on my floor tom (which always got in the way since i like my floor toms close to me).

index.php
Your kit is insanely beautiful. I'm guessing you don't transport it to gigs very often. :)

Reactions: iCe

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Hands down it’s my hands and feet- I can’t play the drums at all without them. I’m amazed I’m the only drummer on forum dependent on hands and feet to play y’all need to post videos on FB the miraculous feet.

Ryan Culberson

My wool tartan stadium blanket that serves as my bass drum muffling. It’s at least 60 years old and is built to last. Given to me by my lovely lady, it also has great sentimental value. Finally, it’s a little tip o’ the cap to Ringo on the rooftop. Looks right, sounds right, IS right.

615B3C96-261B-4F45-B0CD-74369A081181.jpeg

Last edited:

iCe

Silver Member
Your kit is insanely beautiful. I'm guessing you don't transport it to gigs very often. :)

I've never taken this setup to a gig because... we don't want to gig :sneaky:

And that is ok. The main reason is that we don't make 'accessible mainstream music': but we love what we do. We'd love to play for a bunch of people, but that means reaching out to venues, participate in battle of the bands, sacrificing your Friday night to play for some people who are not interested in your music etc.

Having said that... in an ideal situation where 100 or so people would attend a gig, i would load up a van within a heartbeat!

vyacheslav

I like my Anthology leather cymbal bag and leather stick bag.

Holy Moly! You could get a REALLY nice kit just for the price of your stick and cymbal bags alone!