Favorite accessories?

whats your treasured accessory? cow bell? tambourine? small stacks? I wanna hear about everyone's favorite little or big things that no one really puts too much thought into.

Tie between cowbell and tambourine.

Yep, those are my most common percussion add-ons. Cowbell (Ludwig 3 1/2" Goldtone, pitch is almost E) is mounted on a Tama L-arm so it sits to the right of my hats and is effortless to go between the two. Tamb is a Rhythm Tech HH-rod mount, very lightweight but 2 rows of jingles makes a nice sound.

Bermuda

Toss up between an original first generation Ching-Ring (Bonham made these famous) and my Drum Waiter.

Attachments

• Ching Ring2 copy.jpg
    Ching Ring2 copy.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DrumWaiterLoRes2.jpg
    DrumWaiterLoRes2.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 23
Count me in the cowbell/tambourine camp. I'm a metal guy and have one of each.

The tambourine is a fairly new edition. Like 14-15 months. I've had cowbells forever. When I was gigging, I wasn't allowed to take it gigging. I didn't use it, so I wouldn't take it anyhow. Are non drummer musicians offended by the cowbell?

for me it is always 6" or 8" splashes

but now me likey some of the Meinl stacks....

I also am still a fan of the little "popcorn" snare off to the left side, though I don't have one up right now....

Well . . . . . looking at my kit and I see no accessories. I guess maybe the small stack (10" dry splash/ 12" ozone), if that qualifies. I don't think it does.

It may be silly, but my favorite cheap accessory has been my On Stage drink holder attached to my hi hat stand. It'll easily hold a water bottle, any 12-20 ounce bottle, and it will even hold the awkward bottom of a Gatorade bottle or glass from a restaurant. It's nice to not have to put my drink on the floor or on top of a drum case or something like that. The bracket is metal, not plastic, so it should last a long time. Because it's soft around the bottom, it conforms to lots of different containers. Also, I think it's a little more subtle than the spiral drink holders out there. It's subtle, out of the way, and yet easy to access. I love having it on 3-4 hour gigs where you don't get much of a break.

Best $15 I've spent this year.

84576167_3210105392351133_8197942435951673344_n.jpg

looking into buying a bee... water bottle holder now. definitely tambourine and cowbell the most common accessories I've seen on kits.

I always enjoyed having a "two-tone" wood block, type, thing. Tamb, cowbell now for sure. I would LOVE to have a full 5 tone wood block set. But, man they are pricey.

I am enjoying this more than I thought I would.
71HLuxToFHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks! I probably played over 30 gigs with it last year, and I'm looking forward to many more! :cool:
I must have missed this - when did you get your (Gorgeous) Ludwig kit? That color looks like it's an awesome mile deep. I'm impressed. What did you buy for small toms for this kit?

(Something about playing with my back to a window looking out onto a street just really bothers me. I guess my fears must be based around all those horror movies I used to watch. The good guys always get it from behind.

GeeDeeEmm

(Something about playing with my back to a window looking out onto a street just really bothers me. I guess my fears must be based around all those horror movies I used to watch. The good guys always get it from behind.
GeeDeeEmm

I have a steady gig where my back is against a window that looks out on a busy street. (look at my avi) People from the crowd and the band will point at different people on the street boogie-ing and I miss it all. I can't turn around that far and still play. I haven't done it yet, but I'm gonna install a rear view mirror on my kit. So my future rear view mirror will be my favorite accessory.

I was also thinking of displaying one of those "This band has worked 358 gigs without an accident" OSHA type placards just for laughs.

I must have missed this - when did you get your (Gorgeous) Ludwig kit?

I got it last August. I've gigged with it a ton. I bought it from a friend of mine.

What did you buy for small toms for this kit?

It came with a matching 14" floor tom and a non-matching 12" rack tom. I ordered an "almost matching" rack tom straight from Ludwig.

Even though I watched a ton of horror movies as a kid, I never really thought of dangers of playing in the window. :) I usually end up being the doggie in the window quite a bit.

Back