Farewell dear friend :(

Guru Drums

With the launch of Origin series 2, we're saying goodbye to our Origin series 1 steam bent ash demo kit. Steam bent duties at Guru being taken over by the In-Tense series.

The little "Cappuccino" kit has won over hearts wherever it's appeared, especially the thunderous 20" x 12" deep bass drum. It's appeared in numerous shows & stage performances, videos, reviews, etc. Seen by thousands, & played by hundreds, it's just spent two days in our finishing shop being given the royal treatment. It's going to a good home - Guru artist Dave McKeague, so will see a lot of work. Dave's demonstrated this kit many times, so he knows just how good it is, & couldn't resist taking it. I thought we'd take a few shots to commemorate it's departure.

So, with a combination of sadness at the loss (it's my favourite kit), & anticipation of the new, it's goodbye my dear friend.

First photo is the little Origin kit handing over steam bent duties to the In-Tense kit (sheds tear)

Attachments

• Origin group.jpg
    Origin group.jpg
    903.2 KB · Views: 521
  • Origin group2.jpg
    Origin group2.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 528
  • Origin tom side.jpg
    Origin tom side.jpg
    838.4 KB · Views: 958
  • Origin tom2 open.jpg
    Origin tom2 open.jpg
    702.7 KB · Views: 467
Damn. That's my favourite kit too!! Gald they are going to a good home.
I think half the frequent posters here on DW have some kind of connection with this kit - it's seen you through thick and thin Andy!

Neal

Damn. That's my favourite kit too!! Gald they are going to a good home.
I think half the frequent posters here on DW have some kind of connection with this kit - it's seen you through thick and thin Andy!

Neal
Too true Neal, it's genuinely like losing an old friend. This kit is almost impossible to tune badly. It just eats everything put in front of it. At the last London Drum show it was beaten mercilessly, especially at the after gig party, yet it came back for more (had to put a new head on the 12" tom though :( Larry even slept with this kit in his hotel bedroom. I'm not sure how close Larry's bond with the kit was that night, but there's probably a piece of him in there somewhere (after all, Yolanda Charles did touch it ;) ;) ;)

That kit's got some stories man!

That is such a gorgeous looking kit. Mr. McKeague is a lucky skunk to get that.
No offense to skunks of course.

Wow, here I've been fantasizing about that kit for ages and now I find out Larry actually spent the night with her.

A black light should be run over that kit, like they do over hotel room bed spreads..........or perhaps not.

A black light should be run over that kit, like they do over hotel room bed spreads..........or perhaps not.
That's one piece of test equipment that won't be making an appearance in our workshop anytime soon! As our drums are all stunners, we just assume -------------------- ;)

Used to love that kit but now that I know that Larry had his way with her in a hotel room ...
Well, we don't know that. I mean, Larry does have the slightly more voluptuous model at home to cater for his every desire, & he strikes me as a pretty faithful kinda guy ;)

I'm surprised you are selling it Andy. Does this mean Guru is no longer in possession of ANY of the original design Origins? It really should be in the lobby of the future Guru Museum. You do still have the prototype kit though. Who technically owns the prototype kit? Is it set up ready to play? Where? How many original design Origin kits were made?

For the record, I did not have sex with the cappuccino kit.

Sorry to see it go Andy,but it will be going to a good home.Not a divorce,but a domestic uncoupling(to quote Gweneth Paltro).with visitation rights I imagine.:)

Onward and upward my friend.:)

Steve B

For the record, I did not have sex with the cappuccino kit.

bill_clinton__lewins_31996a.jpg

Back