Expand my horizons

Looking at getting new or new to me (used) cymbals to compliment my new gretsch (USA custom) kit. I'm stuck on paiste 2002s but I want to expand my horizons. What else would compliment this kit or better yet, what would you grab for it?

I play indie, classic, garage, country

If you're stuck on the 2002's, go get some. You'll be happy with them. :)

As for me, I'm trying to figure out what I want for my "be all, end all" kit and I'm really spending a lot of time listening to Sabian HHX sound bites.

What don't you like about your 2002s? I mean, you don't need new cymbals just because your drums have changed. If you can't try a bunch of different cymbals at a store, old Avedis cymbals are never wrong because there are so many of them on ebay for cheap. It doesn't take long to get a complete set for less than $300. Likewise, lots of great Turkish cymbals can be found for cheap. I'd start there to avoid spending a lot of money on specialty cymbals that you may or may not like.

2002s are a great choice for all kinds of styles, no need to change. For different sounds from the same family you chould check out 2002 Big Beats and Giant Beats. They all complement each other extremely well.

LOVE Big Beats! Less bright, with a great wash. Different sticks/tips bring out different overtones. I use a combo of red label 2002's and BB's.

Back