Exotic Pork Pie kit

pork pie

New from my place. Mapa Burl Veneer. Candy black fade with black hardware.

Attachments

• mapa burl kit.jpg
    mapa burl kit.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 4,303
Biil, you've shown us some really nice finishes on kits and snares recently, are these to special order, or additions to what you can offer as "stock" finishes?

Nice job!

Oh my! That finish looks amazing. I hope they are in my price range! I plan on getting a new kit within the year and you guys keep jumping up the list. Something tells me it may be a little out of my price range though

That's AWESOME!!

Your clear finish is superior too. I always loved the kits the shop got in of yours (Huber & Breese in Fraser, MI).
The Purple Slop was especially cool!

Only thing that ruins it is the chrome hardware on the tom mounts. I feel that should be black as well. Otherwise it looks as good if not better than DW's exotic finishes.

That's almost just the kind of finish I want, only difference is I want black on both ends, with the natural burleywood in the middle.

looks spectaculariffic.

Meanest gorgeous kit I have ever seen. SHould have made 2 kicks and like 5 more toms for some huge kit metal guy.

OP said candy black- is it sparkly? The black?

I've always been a fan of your drums, ever since reading an article in MD featuring Tim "Herb" Alexander and his Pork Pie kit, way back in '94. Always had mad respect for your product and your attention to detail. As always, great job!!

Biil, you've shown us some really nice finishes on kits and snares recently, are these to special order, or additions to what you can offer as "stock" finishes?

Nice job!

Everything I do is special order. I have stock colors but they are the go to colors. Basic wraps and lacquers and stains. Most of the time I am doing custom stuff. It is hard to have everything listed because alot of it is done one time.

When I make a custom kit for a client, I am usually spending time on the phone with them talking about colors and designs, sizes etc. That is the fun parts for me. Then making our plans come to life is the kicker.

Oh my! That finish looks amazing. I hope they are in my price range! I plan on getting a new kit within the year and you guys keep jumping up the list. Something tells me it may be a little out of my price range though

This kit is on the pricey side because of the exotic veneer and the black hardware. This kit as is through a dealer is about $4K.

Only thing that ruins it is the chrome hardware on the tom mounts. I feel that should be black as well. Otherwise it looks as good if not better than DW's exotic finishes.

Thanks for the kind words on the finish. I would love to have matching mounts but these mounts do not coat well. I have tried but they end up in the trash. I do so much powder coating that I would not be able to afford all of the colors in matching mounts. That is why we do the tension rods in chrome. The bits of chrome help to tie in the mounts.

I like natural wood colors and love the Burl veneer so I guess I am in the minority by saying that I would like it better without the black paint on it.

Back