"Exclusives" Finishes

Billy Brown

What's the story behind stores selling drums in a finish no other has? Models made for large chain stores, like Guitar Center, I can understand. I'm thinking something like below. The store seems to have its own line of drums/products, OSP. Any connection? The factory that makes their drums also makes the low-level Gretsch drums, so they can have them slap on a different wrap?

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in a Vanilla finish.

BattleArmor

Silver Member
I am not really sure. I was looking at the finishes at a couple a gretschs a few months back on their website. Then I went to a music store and there was another finish not on their website.

max77

I bought my Gretsch Catalina at that Ebay store (Sigler Music) but mine was White Marine Pearl. They sell "Custom Classic" drums too but I don't know the brand and who are building those kits. Sigler offer great service and price and mine arrived in perfect condition.

Somebody have informations? I'm questionning myself too ...

Last edited:

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I'm not sure about the exclusivity issues but that is one good deal. If I had a little more room I would let that set keep my Renowns company. I also like that finish.

Billy Brown

I am not really sure. I was looking at the finishes at a couple a gretschs a few months back on their website. Then I went to a music store and there was another finish not on their website.
I reckon that's something different: Gretsch not keeping their website up to date.

Billy Brown

I'm not sure about the exclusivity issues but that is one good deal. If I had a little more room I would let that set keep my Renowns company. I also like that finish.
Depending on the quality of the hardware, which I don't expect to be much. Anybody know? Max77 did you get their hardware package with your kit?

max77

Well ... The OSP Hardware pack are really horrible. I recommend you call Eric and says that you don't want the hardware pack and buy another one independantly. Because I was really sad about that when I set up my gretsch... I used Sonor 200 and 400 before I sold my Sonor Force 1005 ... and ... what a difference!

Billy Brown

Re: "Exclusive" Finishes

From the eBay seller:

Hello:

No, the color is our exclusive color that we ordered direct from the Gretsch factory. They are not blems or over-runs. They are first quality, brand new, with full warranty.

Best regards,

Randy M.
Sigler Music Center

themixtape

I want to know this, too.

Sigler Music now has a Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Emerald Green finish, which is HOT in my opinion.. I want it (I have a Tama Starclassic Performer, birch shells in emerald green as well)...

I really want to know why Sigler is the ONLY online retailer that has these custom-finish Gretsch kits....

Someone, please shed some light!

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
The shop probably has a great relationship/sells a lot of Gretsch drums.

The factory would then be willing to do some one-off's for them.

The shop I go to is involved in Pearl's "snare drum of the month" that are limited, one off drums, or possibly custom orders never gone through with by a customer (that happens all the time).