Exclusive Guitar Center Drums

wildbill

Platinum Member
Is this true? GC has pages up for gear that is exclusive to them. I could have sworn I saw some of these drums at other stores.
Anyone else?

(outdated link removed - see below)

Last edited:
I thought some SPL Sound Percussion Labs drum equipment was a Guitar Center in house brand.

In most, if not all cases, the "exclusive" part is limited to the finish or configuration (when it comes to kits).
This.
Sam Ass does the same thing. It's their way of getting people into the store to see what they have.
Only to be hit with the fact they have no "drum guy" to help them.
Imagine that...

So funny, I went there to buy cymbals. When I walked into the drum section, a guy sitting behind a counter asked if he could help me, and yet ha never stood up from his perch to help, he just pointed. Useless.

So funny, I went there to buy cymbals. When I walked into the drum section, a guy sitting behind a counter asked if he could help me, and yet ha never stood up from his perch to help, he just pointed. Useless.

You had a guy in your drum section? Wow.

My local guitar center never staffs anyone in the percussion section. If you need something they make you wait 30min and just pull a guy from the guitar section who knows nothing about drums.

This is why I shop at Sweetwater.

The Hollywood GC drum department has become a joke. Fortunately, there's a Sam Ash drum shop next door that is actually staffed with drummers - pretty nice guys, too. It's become my fall back in case Pro Drum is out of stock on something I need.

You had a guy in your drum section? Wow.

My local guitar center never staffs anyone in the percussion section. If you need something they make you wait 30min and just pull a guy from the guitar section who knows nothing about drums.

This is why I shop at Sweetwater.

I thought they were Scam Ash.
"Scam Ash"...never heard that before. 😄

I love it when they send over some bozo from another section with no clue what's in the drum room.
"Are you sure this Ludwig Black Beauty is only $105?"
"Yes...yes I am".
😄

Back