Ever wondered what a 20" set of hats sounds like...?

Oh its on now! I'm gonna go home this weekend and shoot a video with 22" hats. Then hopefully some other like-minded weirdo will retaliate with 24" hats.

Oh its on now! I'm gonna go home this weekend and shoot a video with 22" hats. Then hopefully some other like-minded weirdo will retaliate with 24" hats.

Haha! Bring it!

If someone has some of those Istanbul Agop 26" rides then the fight would really be on...!

I've got my drill ready for the next level....Gongs!

Was thinking the same thing.

I'ma gonna hit a Gong, with another GONG!

CHHHHRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....
Now we're talking!

I had a pair of 22" rides I used as hats for a session. I've played around with a couple of 24" rides as well. Once you get larger than 18" hats, it just gets ridiculously unuseful...
I've never tried this, but don't the springs struggle in the hihat stand? I gotta have my bish bish fast & crisp man!!!!

What would the splash sound be like?
I agree with Andy - regular hihat stands aren't designed for quick action if you're using hihats that large.

Instead of going for bigger size I'm thinking of getting an additional 13'' or even 12''.

I played a pair of 20" hi hats for a gig once - a 20" K Custom Ride over a 20" Z Custom Crash. They weren't too shabby.

I tried doing it with a pair of 22" Dream Bliss rides once and it was just ridiculously sloppy.

Big hi hats, and cymbals in general, are coming back in a big way, though. I've been playing 18" hi hats for a while now (currently new A series thin crash over heavy crash), and haven't looked back since. In fact, the new A series 15" new beats I bought now sound really mousey and limited when I put them on the stand after playing the 18"s.

So who wants to buy some brand new 15" New Beats?

Back