Ever fit a 22" BD to a 26" BD? Dirk Did!

harryconway

Platinum Member
Cool thing, it shows to what lengths some guys go to, to get a particular studio sound.​
So many guys ask ... "how do I get my drums to sound like X?" Well, dig yourself up a Frankenstein kit, stick a 26" kick in front of your 22 (and mic it with 5 mic's) .... it's all pretty simple ... if you have a lot on money ....​
And yeah, the drummer's killer.​

Last edited:

Chaos_Inferno

Silver Member
Dirk is really probably one of the greatest metal drummers to ever live. I've listened to Soilwork and everything before and never realized it was his playing, it was when I found out he was splitting drum duty with Ryan on Devin Townsend's Deconstruction album this past year and his live performance/rehearsal videos doing that madness that I realized how amazing he really is at what he does.

I didn't realize he was the one playing for Thordendal's new album... can't wait to hear when that finally comes out, even more so than before. I'm not a big Meshuggah fan but I love Thordendal's work, especially the Special Defects stuff.

dwsabianguy

I love the way Dirk plays. It's very refreshing to hear something other than the constant blast or skank beats I seem to find in most modern metal. I see this is with Frederik Thordendal, so I think I have to find this album. Right now.

Erm, what album am I looking for, exactly?