Ever find something non drum related in used cymbal bag or drum case?

MrPockets

Gold Member
If so did you try to contact the seller or was the item you found to embarrassing too talk about?

Last edited:

Big Foot

Silver Member
I've not been lucky enough to find anything.
However, I store all the family's winter hats, scarves and mitts/gloves in a small bass drum case...

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
I found the dude's pipe and weed stash. Good thing I didn't get pulled over by the K-9 patrol on the way home. Besides that, just sticks, music, plastic bags that the cymbals came in, and a few drum keys. On another note, I used to constantly donate pillows/quilts/blankets from peoples' bass drums to the local thrift shop...

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I found the dude's pipe and weed stash. Good thing I didn't get pulled over by the K-9 patrol on the way home. Besides that, just sticks, music, plastic bags that the cymbals came in, and a few drum keys. On another note, I used to constantly donate pillows/quilts/blankets from peoples' bass drums to the local thrift shop...
You didn't say what you did with the guys stuff Phil.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I'm sure he disposed of it properly.
Yeah, well...you have to watch Phil. I think there's a good chance he used it for himself. Notice he doesn't mention anything about what he did with it. He doesn't want to lie. You don't know Phil like I know Phil. He's a cagey and very worthy adversary. He screwed me out of a shot at a band, a band that could have changed my miserable life. It's my business to get dirt on him.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Yeah, well...you have to watch Phil. I think there's a good chance he used it for himself. Notice he doesn't mention anything about what he did with it. He doesn't want to lie. You don't know Phil like I know Phil. He's a cagey and very worthy adversary. He screwed me out of a shot at a band, a band that could have changed my miserable life. It's my business to get dirt on him.
I know you and Phil have a history, but I'm sure on this one he's clean. Like I said, he disposed of it properly. *wink-wink*

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
Sorry to disappoint, but that was during my "pre-experiential" days. I burned it all right, but to dispose of the evidence, not in the way that Larry does before every post he makes (Larry's post count isn't the only thing that's high around here). Besides, would you trust someone else's stuff you don't know? I had a bad experience with that once, but that's a story for another time, another thread, or maybe even another forum...

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Methinks someones pants is sporting flames!

Caddy....is a master of deception.

Never believe anything he says!

You've been forewarned!

And what he found....yea that was mine.

He lifted my stick bag at that terrible, horrid, life sapping audition.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
If anyone's going to find foreign objects in a case it's going to be Mr Drum Turnover himself, Bo.

Larry, I have to say that Phil had you pretty well pegged there. Dreadful thing to post comments here under the influence. I worry about the children. Since I moved to a salubrious middle class suburb there's millions of young children with their mothers up at the local plaza during the day. Nauseating noisy little monsters that terrorise local birds. Like I said, I worry about the children ...

I've had two second hand kits (in the 70s) and neither had cases. However, there was a hand made floor tom that was all weird and lumpy and bent and sounded diabolical enough to qualify as "non drum related".

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
He lifted my stick bag at that terrible, horrid, life sapping audition.
I was trying to do the world a service. The only life-sapping thing at that audition was when you tried to suck the soul out of the guitar player. Twice. Fortunately, I was able to lob that rock at your....um.....I think that was what your species calls a "head," but it's hard to tell through all those tentacles and claw things. Either way, it was successful in stopping the process. I keep in touch with that guitarist to this day. He's never fully recovered, but his compositions are more interesting, since they're being based on the Phrygian scale now.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
There's that misdirection I was talking about. Who knows what you did behind the scenes that I don't even know about. What a spinmeister. I can only stand back and look on in awe at the sheer magnitude of your bulls$%&

You've taken enough from me. Now you paint me as sub human.

I AM NOT SUB HUMAN!

Curse you Mr. Wumpus!

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
One time I found a cape in a cymbal bag. Weirder part is that the dude I bought it from wouldn't even meet me face to face! He had his mom come drop off the gear!

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
I AM NOT SUB HUMAN!
You forgot the comma:

I AM NOT SUB, HUMAN!

...although, you usually use the word "mortal" when you claim to not be a submarine. See? A little gentleness might help you get along with the human species while stranded on this planet. It will certainly make for less confrontation, and may help you get closer to people to collect their souls for your maniacal intergalactic scheme.

But, yes...dude...we get you. You. Are. Not. A. Sub. We have an understanding. Now, please put down the pipe and the laser thingy...

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Legos. There was a whole pile of them in the bottom of the hardware case when I got my gear.

Wish I found Caddy's (or possibly Larry's) stuff though...

poika

Silver Member
I haven't found anything remotely interesting.

Although once I found out that the bass drum case that I bought didn't work properly.

robthetimekeeper

One time I found a cape in a cymbal bag. Weirder part is that the dude I bought it from wouldn't even meet me face to face! He had his mom come drop off the gear!
HaHa!

I once bought some soft drum bags off craigslist and discovered a pair of ladies underwear in an outer pocket. They were stained and quite large! At first I thought I could handle it but even after a good cleaning and some Lysol, I still couldn't bring myself to use the bags so I put them back on CL and re-sold them.