Evans Reso 7 for Batter Side

mikyok

Platinum Member
Evans answer to the diplomat, took a gamble on one on Saturday as the steambent likes thin heads.

Combine it with the 200 snare side and you're onto a winner.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
The Reso7 is a really sweet batter if you're not a hard hitter.

BenOBrienSmith

One of the characteristics I was looking for when developing this head was a much softer 6-8mil film, as that would provide the resonant response we were looking to achieve. Unfortunately, this makes it that much more susceptible to denting, even in comparison to other 7mil films.

If you're going to use it as a batter, I recommend cranking them up higher and making sure you're not using round tips, as they'll destroy this head fast.

mikyok

Platinum Member
One of the characteristics I was looking for when developing this head was a much softer 6-8mil film, as that would provide the resonant response we were looking to achieve. Unfortunately, this makes it that much more susceptible to denting, even in comparison to other 7mil films.

If you're going to use it as a batter, I recommend cranking them up higher and making sure you're not using round tips, as they'll destroy this head fast.

Hi Ben, well designed sir!

I keep my snare tuned high for gigging and throw a BFSD if I need something ballady and fast.

Unfortunately I use round tip sticks, I'm a moeller guy so I don't dig into heads and dent them. No problems at all with denting. Reliability wise I find snare batters all have the same kind of life span with regular weekend gigging