evans or remos...

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Many threads about this, please do a search.

Bermuda

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Definitely do the search.

However, maybe to derail this into another discussion, considering the age of your drums and the vintage-ness of them, perhaps you should look into the Aquarian vintage heads. I think they make them slightly yellowish and should give you this really warm tone (from what I understand the older drums maybe slightly larger than normal with rounder bearing edges, and these heads are supposed to be designed to handle that. Your Camcos aren't that old, but they might benefit from heads that aren't cutting edge new-ish?

robyn64

Definitely do the search.

However, maybe to derail this into another discussion, considering the age of your drums and the vintage-ness of them, perhaps you should look into the Aquarian vintage heads. I think they make them slightly yellowish and should give you this really warm tone (from what I understand the older drums maybe slightly larger than normal with rounder bearing edges, and these heads are supposed to be designed to handle that. Your Camcos aren't that old, but they might benefit from heads that aren't cutting edge new-ish?
thanks bo, am gonna do search, guess i coulda worded my ? differently. was considering the vintage of my drums when i asked, so then you think vintage heads will be better? not real sure i understand

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
thanks bo, am gonna do search, guess i coulda worded my ? differently. was considering the vintage of my drums when i asked, so then you think vintage heads will be better? not real sure i understand
Well it depends. Vintage drums weren't exactly a perfect fit sometimes, so Aquarians vintage heads might fit better, but you'll have to test it out. If you look at new drums, they're slightly under-sized and the bearing edge just tears into the head. Back in the day, bearing edges were more round and maybe even a little fat. It depends on your drums.

BTW - I sent you an email with a picture of that Tama pedal and an offer if you're still interested ;)