Evans Making Face Masks

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
That's great. Would have been better like 2 weeks ago, but better late than never.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Yeah, I thought that's pretty cool, too.

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
Good for them!!
But the pictures are just too funny. Why didn't they use a clear drum head for the pictures??
Or are drummers so dumb that they would make a face shield out of a coated drum head that you can not see through.
(Or am I the dummy and I'm missing something here?)

cbphoto

Gold Member
Why didn't they use a clear drum head for the pictures??
They're using clear G2 film, but I thought they used a coated version for the sake of the photo.

From their press release:
Led by Chief Innovation Officer, Jim D’Addario, the engineering team figured out they could fabricate protective face shields using the clear film from its popular Evans G2 drumheads.

Lee-Bro

I hope they update the photos w/ the clear film, otherwise we're subject to another "dumb drummer" joke.

Good for Evans for helping out.

harryconway

Platinum Member
Good on them. Besides hospital staff ...... pretty much all "essential" workers will/should be wearing face shields.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
This actually makes me want to go out and try some of their heads. I've played kits with them on, just never put any on my own kit. If they are willing to help fix this problem, I think they deserve some of my $$$.

drumnut87

this is a good shout by evans, the retooling needed to do this will have taken a bit of time, but its all worth it <3

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Wouldnt be surprised if retooling and setting the factory to make this takes 2 weeks.

Very true. When I was building speaker cabinets, I needed 1 piece of wood specially made to finish an order. It took 4 machines and a day and a half to get the one piece made because of all the resetting of machines.

Other industries would be more suited to this, like football helmet companies. They aren't making any helmets right now anyways.

Doesn't really matter, every little bit helps.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Level 360 headbands and 2-ply for when you don't like sick beats!
I know I know. I'll be going now. I've met my dad joke quota for the day.

Drumolator

Platinum Member
That is way cool. I knew I was buying the right heads. Peace and goodwill.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
From the press release:

April 27 that's my birthday-65th so a big one-hint, hint, hint. Just pm me for my mailing address for all the gifts.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
April 27 that's my birthday-65th so a big one-hint, hint, hint. Just pm me for my mailing address for all the gifts.

Do you want a face mask, face shield, or toilet paper? Sorry, supplys are running thin.

drumnut87

Good on them - pity others who could also step up limited themselves to announcing cessation of artist support :(
who said that? :(