Evans Hybrid

bradmapex

Has anyone ever used this? Im heading to a drum store soon and i need a new head, and im wondering if this is any good, b/c ive always loved the sound of a marching snare and wonderd if i could some what get that on my kit. BTW i have a Chad Smith Sig snare, thanks
b r a d .

I would not recommend using this head on your snare drum. The Hybrid is designed to be tuned extremely high on a drum with 12 lugs per head and thick die-cast hoops. Because the Chad Smith only has 8 lugs and thin 1.6mm hoops, you wouldn't be able to tension the head as tightly as need to get a good sound. You could try, but you'd end up damaging the drum or the head (or both) in the process. If you want a "marching" sort of sound, you'd have to get a drum with a much thicker shell and heavier hoops, such as the 20-ply maple snare used by Chad Sexton of 311 (who is a drum corps veteran himself).

But i thought that these were like the drum kit snare head, modeled after a marching snare head. I thot it was specifically for normal snare. am i wrong?

I would not recommend using this head on your snare drum. The Hybrid is designed to be tuned extremely high on a drum with 12 lugs per head and thick die-cast hoops. Because the Chad Smith only has 8 lugs .

actually it has 10 lugs

Back