Evans heads- Advise pls!!!

Justinhub2003

I’m an Evans guy for damn near everything, especially Toms and kick.
But yesterday I put a Coated Vintage ambassador on my Supraphonic and it’s like these two were a match made in heaven.

vintage version of the ambassador is two plies and I dunno, just sounds perfect on a Supra.

P-Hells

I use almost exclusively evans drumheads and love them. I have used the evans black chrome on my toms for a few years and find them simply awesome both for the sound and the look. I got nothing but very positive feedback about them since I've had them. They have a really low tone, not much sustain and are perfect for rock especially when paired with genera resonant heads. I have to mention that I tune them pretty low so I'm not sure how they would react when tuned higher.
For my snares I don't think I have two with the same heads. However, after watching the «sounds like a drum» videos on youtube I think I will try the G12 (1 ply, 12 mil) since they seem to sound awesome even though they are sold mainly as tom heads.

Justinhub2003

I use almost exclusively evans drumheads and love them. I have used the evans black chrome on my toms for a few years and find them simply awesome both for the sound and the look. I got nothing but very positive feedback about them since I've had them. They have a really low tone, not much sustain and are perfect for rock especially when paired with genera resonant heads. I have to mention that I tune them pretty low so I'm not sure how they would react when tuned higher.
For my snares I don't think I have two with the same heads. However, after watching the «sounds like a drum» videos on youtube I think I will try the G12 (1 ply, 12 mil) since they seem to sound awesome even though they are sold mainly as tom heads.
I went with the Evans G14 Coated .. single ply but 14 mil. Sounds better then a G2 imo