Erm ---

Al Strange

..........Okay, so I watched it with the audio off.

Forgive my french, but the singer is a prissy, pant-load doo-bag.

He's wearing bath tub mats around his arms. I saw the little suction cups.

The stupid smile at 2:45

The guitarist on the left has man-boobs.

The drummer looks like a Canary in heat.

Thanks for the video!
Watch it again but only listen to the sound...:unsure:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
When it comes to 80's hair metal parody, nobody does it better than Steel Panther. Nobody.

At least they are intended as a joke. Unlike this guy.....
View attachment 95070
View attachment 95071
View attachment 95072View attachment 95074
Steel Panther is awesome. Just the right amount of sleaze and cheese, and they can play their instruments too.

There is a kid around here trying to start a hair metal band. I grew up in the 80s so I contacted him hoping it was gonna be a Steel Panther type thing. Nope. He was serious about it. He stopped talking to me when I sent him a song file. I've only recorded death metal sooooo...

J-W

There is a kid around here trying to start a hair metal band. I grew up in the 80s so I contacted him hoping it was gonna be a Steel Panther type thing. Nope. He was serious about it. He stopped talking to me when I sent him a song file. I've only recorded death metal sooooo...
There was one here locally that I almost considered auditioning for about 10 years ago because they were gigging a lot and it looked like it could be fun, but they did all of the awful covers you've heard too many times, their originals were terrible and cliche, and their singer just wasn't that good, BUT he had his own sound and light company so their stage production was great. Too bad their music wasn't. It was a novelty act and the novelty wore off eventually leaving them without much of an audience. The singer since retired and the band devolved into just another 80's cover band.

J-Boogie

Gold Member
I feel like my lifelong musical search just came to an end. I have found what it is Ive been searching for all these years. I didnt know what I was searching for, but apparently it was that. I see no need to ever listen to music again or take part in the making. I think they just won music, or at least them 1 music 0. Erm indeed.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts - I get the parody thing, which excuses much, but it needs something else to fly. I don't think it's good enough to engage, but it's not terrible enough to be great. I'm left wondering who this band is marketing themselves to, but they've been around for a good number of years, so what do I know.

Griffin

My thoughts - I get the parody thing, which excuses much, but it needs something else to fly. I don't think it's good enough to engage, but it's not terrible enough to be great. I'm left wondering who this band is marketing themselves to, but they've been around for a good number of years, so what do I know.
Yes I feel like the reason something like Spinal Tap landed so well was because the songs were good enough to be believable. I’ve always thought musical comedy is actually harder than straight music because it has to get both the music and the comedy right.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve always thought musical comedy is actually harder than straight music because it has to get both the music and the comedy right.
Or incredibly badly wrong, preferably without intent, & a huge sprinkling of delusion thrown in the mix :)