EPIC drum fills...

For the average person it's probably "November Rain"

Malevolent Creation - Coronation of Our Domain

The opening fill gets me every time. If you don't like metal, the fill is by itself so no worries. Check it out:

Sorry. All I heard and saw was an entire video of drum solos.

Precisely, and exactly why I applied the effort to copy the URL code at specific times, so that viewers were automatically forwarded to a chronological point in the videos reflecting the licks that I deemed were worthy and relevant to this topic.

..Sorry. All I heard and saw was an entire video of drum solos..

Thats allready the 4th reply complaining why fills that other members post are not fills..

I mean..................................:rolleyes:

There is more in the world than Steppenwolf and bands (and fills) like that..

Drum solo does not = fill. Title of thread is fills not solos. Start a solo thread I'm sure you'll get lots of posts it's a good topic :)

Malevolent Creation - Coronation of Our Domain

The opening fill gets me every time. If you don't like metal, the fill is by itself so no worries. Check it out:

Very nice intro fill, made me think of Danny Carey's intro fill in Sober (his jazz background also transpires in his accomplished main groove) :

Very nice intro fill, made me think of Danny Carey's intro fill in Sober (his jazz background also transpires in his accomplished main groove) :

Oh yeah that's a good one too!

Funny how EPIC means different things to different people. For the simple little trick fill guys, check out My Michelle by GNR. At 2:50 there is a cymbal catch that is just brilliant. I always get excited when I hear it.

Danny's opening on Sober sounds like real drums. I like it a lot.

But Malevolent Creation - Coronation of Our Domain doesn't sound much like real drums - more like a computer. If they are real drums they seem to be overly processed they have no tone they sound like playing on different size tabletops.

Danny's opening on Sober sounds like real drums. I like it a lot.

But Malevolent Creation - Coronation of Our Domain doesn't sound much like real drums - more like a computer. If they are real drums they seem to be overly processed they have no tone they sound like playing on different size tabletops.

That album came out in 1992. I imagine the drums are triggered, but I assure you they are real.

Back