EP Drums?

Tub Thumper

Hi all, I've seen a nice looking snare but it's been advertised as an "EP", I've never heard of these (I know there are some customer makers), and I know that sometimes people mistake the brand of the head for the make of the drum (but then again, I've never heard of EP heads either!). I've tried to contact the seller but had not reply so I would appreciate if anyone can shed any light on it, I've attached a few pics. Cheers! Mat.

Attachments

Old Dog new Cans

Is there a badge? The EP may just be the head because that looks a lot like the Ludwig Supraphonics I've seen a thousand times in the last few months. But, could also be a recreation? I'm not an expert. Someone will chime in soon.

IBitePrettyHard

It looks like a very cheap Chinese knockoff of a Supraphonic. The lugs look similar to Imperial lugs, but they're not the same.

There's no visible badge. It has a cheap looking throw-off I've never seen before. The tone control is in a bad place, too close to the center of the head. It has 8 lugs.

It's probably a modern day "stencil" snare. I definitely wouldn't buy it.

Old Dog new Cans

It looks like a very cheap Chinese knockoff of a Supraphonic. The lugs look similar to Imperial lugs, but they're not the same.

There's no visible badge. It has a cheap looking throw-off I've never seen before. The tone control is in a bad place, too close to the center of the head. It has 8 lugs.

It's probably a modern day "stencil" snare. I definitely wouldn't buy it.
I'm laughing at me, not you. :rolleyes: