Emmanuelle Caplette has released her drumming book

Seafroggys

Silver Member
I'm not particularly big on these type of books from famous drummers, I always get the impression that they really don't offer much new in the way of techniques that you can't get from any of the existing literature (be it Chaffee or Stone or Reed or Rothman), but I've been a fanboy of hers for like 12 years now and I'm half curious about what her book has. Too bad there isn't a preview on her website.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
I've found her short examples great ideas for certain teaching situations, so I'll pick it up just for that,

Last edited:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
I'm not particularly big on these type of books from famous drummers, I always get the impression that they really don't offer much new in the way of techniques that you can't get from any of the existing literature (be it Chaffee or Stone or Reed or Rothman), but I've been a fanboy of hers for like 12 years now and I'm half curious about what her book has. Too bad there isn't a preview on her website.

As a teacher I collect books and it's as much the presentation and getting new ideas from that as there being any "new" content.

While there are many books that are rehashes, what often goes on is that there's a focus on a specific area, more in depth look at it and the authors way of working on it. My skill as a teacher can easily be attributed to how I'm constantly working to expand my horizons like that.

Emmanuelle I would look at as someone who has a lot of fundamental skills down and knows how to teach and explain things in a simple way. No crazy unique vocabulary, but does everything needed with great proficiency.

Last edited:

NouveauCliche

Smile-youre-drumming-Emmanuelle-Caplette-2021_Page_04.jpg

This is exactly what I would expect - she's good - all rudiments played very clean.

sumdrumguy

Just saw on Instagram, Emmanuelle has finally visited Drumeo. The video should be on YouTube soon.

So glad for Emmanuelle. It will introduce her to a wider drumming audience.

Re Emmanuelle's book. I bought a pdf version. I was expecting it to be a repack of her YouTube channel. It isn't.

There are some similar exercises; singles are singles after all. However the contents builds on itself. There is a continuity between the exercises. To support the printed content, there are links to unlisted videos. Specially shot for the book. Each exercise is shown at various tempos; slow to blazing. Always with a smile.

Bozozoid

You who learn from books intrigue me. No matter who it is if it's not in dvd form I'm usually lost. With books you need to read to some degree no?. I've had a Bob Moses book that was on Noah's ark and tried to read it more than once. I get bored and then disheartened. Unless it's stupid simple that even a caveman could understand I always feel left out in the cold. I see members excited about books and ALWAYS think why can't I be like that.

bud7h4

Silver Member
You who learn from books intrigue me. No matter who it is if it's not in dvd form I'm usually lost. With books you need to read to some degree no?. I've had a Bob Moses book that was on Noah's ark and tried to read it more than once. I get bored and then disheartened. Unless it's stupid simple that even a caveman could understand I always feel left out in the cold. I see members excited about books and ALWAYS think why can't I be like that.

TL;DR

Seafroggys

Silver Member
Just saw on Instagram, Emmanuelle has finally visited Drumeo. The video should be on YouTube soon.

So glad for Emmanuelle. It will introduce her to a wider drumming audience.

Re Emmanuelle's book. I bought a pdf version. I was expecting it to be a repack of her YouTube channel. It isn't.

There are some similar exercises; singles are singles after all. However the contents builds on itself. There is a continuity between the exercises. To support the printed content, there are links to unlisted videos. Specially shot for the book. Each exercise is shown at various tempos; slow to blazing. Always with a smile.
Yep Drumeo live streamed it and I caught it. It was really, really awesome.

It pretty much sold me on getting it, haha. The fact that she had videos for each exercise easily accessible with the code was just too much.

blinky

Well the Bob Moses book you're referring to is not like any other book..
Most books are much easier to

Bozozoid

Well the Bob Moses book you're referring to is not like any other book..
Most books are much easier to
Hmm?...you just uniquely inspired me. Those few words will get me through work tomorrow. Saturday night when I'm off work and hit a few brews at Old Chicago I'll remember your post. It was just a few words yet to me oddly inspiring. Thanks for that.

jazzerooty

Do you have difficulty reading? You could get help with that. If it's that you're bored whenever your reading, get interested. Sounds like a tough spot to be in. Good luck.