Electronic Kit Replacement Parts?

MTBMetalliDrummer

Hi everyone,

Just joined, mainly because I am looking for some help, but also because I wanted somewhere to talk drums on the net =)

I've been drumming for about 6 months now, but on and off and on terrible kits.

So a few weeks ago I bought an electric kit [don't know what the general consensus about electric kits is so please don't kill me for having one] and a couple of days ago the bass just stopped working, which has pissed me off big time as i'm playing/ organising a gig mid december and my band can't practice without me having a kick.

I've looked everywhere for somewhere that sells replacements and can't find anything, so I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that sells replacement parts for electronic kits? I've checked the wire from the bass drum to the machine thing, and thats fine, and ive checked the wires inside the part, and they are connected and fine, so looking to replace it.

Its a Session Pro Dsomethingorother.

Thanks!

What's the brand? Really all electronic pads are are signal transducers so any pad will work from any company. Sounds like its not a cord issue because you already checked the "wires" and the brain. Sounds busted. You could assign a bass note to another pad for the time being and rig that up to the pedal. Try ebay, or even the v-drums forum. Lots for sale over there in terms of individual parts. Probably worth buying a whole new kick pad in my opinion.

What's the brand? Really all electronic pads are are signal transducers so any pad will work from any company. Sounds like its not a cord issue because you already checked the "wires" and the brain. Sounds busted. You could assign a bass note to another pad for the time being and rig that up to the pedal. Try ebay, or even the v-drums forum. Lots for sale over there in terms of individual parts. Probably worth buying a whole new kick pad in my opinion.

The brand is Black Mumba. I think, might be session pro though. Yeah as you say they are basically just transducers, but i was a bit worried different signal strengths etc wouldn't work on my kit.
I think I am going to buy a whole new pad, but as I say I haven't had much luck finding anything at all really, but thanks for the advice i'm looking at v-drum now =)

Do a quick check to see what's busted. First, take another pad wire (ex. #1 tom wire) and plug that into the bass input. See if you get bass. If you get bass, then you know the bass pad/trigger thing is broken. If you don't get bass, then the trouble might be in the module.​
Reverse the process, plug the bass pad/trigger wire into the #1 tom input. Got tom? This pretty much tells you the bass module circuit is dead, then.​
If it's the pad/triger that's broken, go shopping for another trigger. If it's the module, hopefully you can reassign another channel to be bass, and be able to make do with a 4 piece, instead of a 5.​

Do a quick check to see what's busted. First, take another pad wire (ex. #1 tom wire) and plug that into the bass input. See if you get bass. If you get bass, then you know the bass pad/trigger thing is broken. If you don't get bass, then the trouble might be in the module.​
Reverse the process, plug the bass pad/trigger wire into the #1 tom input. Got tom? This pretty much tells you the bass module circuit is dead, then.​
If it's the pad/triger that's broken, go shopping for another trigger. If it's the module, hopefully you can reassign another channel to be bass, and be able to make do with a 4 piece, instead of a 5.​

did all of those man, i'm pretty sure its the trigger, its definitely not the lead and the module [do you mean brain by this?] is fine, as i plugged the snare lead into the bass input at the brain/module/whatever and got bass when i hit the snare..

i'm not all that up on the whole technical side of things. i've found a Roland KD-8 replacement pad for £69.99, should i just get that? would it work with any kit?

i just wouldn't know what trigger to get, which one i should get or how to install it properly, so i'de rather not spend the money and time when i could do one solder wrng and ruin the whole thing =/

Should be no soldering involved. Simply a case of plugging one end of a wire into "whatever" kick trigger you decide to buy, and plugging the other end of the wire into the drum module (brain).​
I've had great results with every piece of Roland gear I own. (3 amps, an SPD-S, and a TD-7) You can't go wrong with Roland, or Yamaha, in my opinion. I've used 2 types of Pintech kick triggers also, good stuff.​

Back