Electronic instrument simulators

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
For instance I did a gig last weekend where the harmonica player plugged into this box that made his harp sound like (among other things) a Hammond B3 organ. It's pretty cool, but it's like a cognitive dissonance thing when I see a guy blowing harp but am hearing a B3. Or see a guy playing a guitar but hearing a saxophone. It's pretty cool. My brain is going whaat?

I'm wondering how big of a thing this is.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Haha my keyboard plays everything, does that count? If not, sometimes I plug it into my distortion pedal. Now that's cool, and surely it must count.

timmdrum

Silver Member
For instance I did a gig last weekend where the harmonica player plugged into this box that made his harp sound like (among other things) a Hammond B3 organ. It's pretty cool, but it's like a cognitive dissonance thing when I see a guy blowing harp but am hearing a B3. Or see a guy playing a guitar but hearing a saxophone. It's pretty cool. My brain is going whaat?

I'm wondering how big of a thing this is.
I posted a thread a long time ago, and resurrected it later when cymbal stacks became more of a thing, inquiring about ones that folks on here feel best approximate an 80s electronic handclap sound. IIRC, the thread didn't really lead me anywhere.

Last edited:

KEEF

I used to use acoustic percussion instruments all around my kit - all with their own mounting hardware....now its all on a roland module. I can play an infinite number of sounds from one pad. My guitarist has pedals that turn his guitar into an organ for some songs ,even my bass player has pedals producing weird and wonderful sounds. It allows us as a four piece band,playing in some very space limited venues, to produce an overall sound way above what used to be possible and bits of kit that used to be out of reach to the hobbyist are now much more affordable.