Electronic drumset for a beginner

BlackToothGrin

Do you guys have any suggestions on edrums in the 500-800$ price range. I'm in the market for a first drumset and i've been looking for a set with all mesh pads. I have played the electric guitar for about three years now and I play mainly metal, so a double bass-compatible drum tower would be nice aswell.

YOU need to go and hits things. Buy what you like :) Mesh is not the be-all-and-end-all - it has its issues (bouncy / hotspots).

Get 2nd user if you can - you'll get more for your money (we have a saying - buy your second kit first!) Look at Roland or Yamaha. Avoid generic Chinese kits.

YOU need to go and hits things. Buy what you like :) Mesh is not the be-all-and-end-all - it has its issues (bouncy / hotspots).

Get 2nd user if you can - you'll get more for your money (we have a saying - buy your second kit first!) Look at Roland or Yamaha. Avoid generic Chinese kits.
I've found a few used kits online. Are 5 year old drum modules outdated? My fear is that i find a few year old kit for half the price and in a couple of years that kit is useless because the lack of sounds and so on...

I've found a few used kits online. Are 5 year old drum modules outdated? My fear is that i find a few year old kit for half the price and in a couple of years that kit is useless because the lack of sounds and so on...

Outdated? No! (acoustic drummers love 50-year old stuff!). I often gig with 20+ year old electronic stuff. No complaints.

Lack of sounds? Not really applicable if you like the stock sounds and/or get something like a Yamaha DTX5x2 series and you can load you own sounds into it. You can always plug into a PC and run software sound generators as well. (again - let's face it - acoustic drummers use one set of sounds for everything!!)

Do you guys have any suggestions on edrums in the 500-800$ price range. I'm in the market for a first drumset and i've been looking for a set with all mesh pads. I have played the electric guitar for about three years now and I play mainly metal, so a double bass-compatible drum tower would be nice aswell.

When I was looking for an e-kit to practice on, I had the following requirements..

I wanted to spend ~$500
I wanted a reliable vendor (Yamaha or Roland)
I wanted AT LEAST one mesh/silicon/good/not-hard-rubber pad
I wanted a real BD pedal and not a piano pedal
I wanted a real HH stand and not a piano pedal.

Unfortunately, a kit did not exist in my price range and I ended up having to more-than double my budget for A Yamaha DTX-532.... Which, coincidently, I now have for sale for $500 on CL.

Back