Electric Wheelchair Sheet Music

Seafroggys

Silver Member
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a good copy of Santa Clara Vanguard's famous cadence "Electric Wheelchair." I'm finally getting to the point with my hands that I think I can start learning it.

For as prevelant as it is, I can't really seem to find good copies of the music on it. There's one copy out there that I downloaded, but while listening to the recordings there are some things that don't match up. There's also a paid version out there, but they're asking for like $19 for it, which is ridiculous when I'm looking for a single snare part for a 90 second "song." And I can't preview it to make sure that its accurate. No, I'm not good enough at rudimental drumming to transcribe myself.

Anyone have any copies or any ideas? I'm looking for the current 2003 edition.

JohnW

Silver Member
For what it's worth, Electric Wheelchair seems to be based on Ed Lemley's "Crazy Army". Crazy Army in turn was apparently a variation of an Army 2/4. From what I've been told, it seems that Ed's version was too syncopated and considered "crazy", back in the day.

-John

Seafroggys

Silver Member
Yep, I actually have a copy of Crazy Army, learned it for a drum recital a few years back. Pretty cool stuff!