Effect of alcohol on drum practice...?

Peedy

eh...not really. Those are survival drugs.

My insulin keeps me alive. Pot, alcohol, cocaine, PCP, meth, heroin, etc. are not needed to survive. They are "luxury" drugs...I don't really know what kind of luxury they bring, but they are not necessary for survival.
Mmmm, I beg to differ on your list by varying gradients.

Tons of people use Med. Marijuana for life saving purposes. A close friend of mine has cancer between his small and large intestine. After the surgery to remove it, the Narcotics they gave him for the pain clogged him up totally. Dr. suggested Med. Pot (this was in 1997). He used it for 6 months and admitted to me that it saved his life. He ain't the only one.

Meth - there are more refined amphetamines that are plenty life saving.

Cocaine - had it in my eyedrops for eye surgery.

Heroin - just partially refined Opiates. Almost every post-op patient would disagree with you there.

In any case, medications are rarely for "life saving" applications. They're way more for maintenance. And without them, your drumming would suffer big time.

Pete

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
personally, I have never liked coffee. I love the smell of it, but hate the taste. My morning drink is usually Bai Brazillia Blueberry or green tea...it used to be Mountain Dew waaayyy back in the day
Gotta have 1 cup in the morning. I dont go crazy with coffee, but really enjoy that one cup each day. I dont drink much soda or energy drinks at all. Never really have.

C.M. Jones

Gotta have 1 cup in the morning. I dont go crazy with coffee, but really enjoy that one cup each day. I dont drink much soda or energy drinks at all. Never really have.
Coffee is my one dietary addiction. I need it morning and afternoon. I take it bold and black, no additives. When I have time and am feeling nostalgic, I use a stovetop percolator. It boils up an Old West campfire brew. Incredibly strong stuff but worth the effort.

The health benefits of black coffee are well documented. It's loaded with antioxidants. But that's not my primary reason for drinking it. I love the flavor and the jolt more than anything. Nothing prepares me better for a round of drumming.

Stovetop percolator 👊🏻. The only way to go when ya got the time 👍🏻

Coffee is my one dietary addiction. I need it morning and afternoon. I take it bold and black, no additives. When I have time and am feeling nostalgic, I use a stovetop percolator. It boils up an Old West campfire brew. Incredibly strong stuff but worth the effort.

The health benefits of black coffee are well documented. It's loaded with antioxidants. But that's not my primary reason for drinking it. I love the flavor and the jolt more than anything. Nothing prepares me better for a round of drumming.

iCe

Disregarding practice or playing live; i'm 36 now and after a good party i have to recover for a few days now haha. I do notice that when i drink (a lot) and the day after i have a rehearsal, i'm sloppy and have roughly 50% of the stamina i usually have. Since i play drums for fun, that takes the fun out of it, so i don't do that anymore. Same as with drinking and playing; i don't do it, because it affects my feel and above else; i lose my drumsticks when playing. And above else i want control when playing, especially live.

RayI

Yes coffee is a must , but go figure after a few Crown Royals on the rocks while practicing I start to sound good lol ...

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I drank beer last night. Not much (4), I am not hungover at all. I dont feel like I would put forth much effort in playing drums today however. My mood for activity is meh.

It might be the beer, maybe not. In the past 2 days I have: replaced leaking washer line valves; replaced clutch and drive coupling in my clothes washer; put hardwood flooring in laundry room; made my porch escape proof for dogs and toddlers. All of this on top of my normal daily routine. I stay active, I think it's the beer. Today's coffee isnt helping either.

cbphoto

Gold Member
I drank beer last night. Not much (4), I am not hungover at all. I dont feel like I would put forth much effort in playing drums today however. My mood for activity is meh.

It might be the beer, maybe not. In the past 2 days I have: replaced leaking washer line valves; replaced clutch and drive coupling in my clothes washer; put hardwood flooring in laundry room; made my porch escape proof for dogs and toddlers. All of this on top of my normal daily routine. I stay active, I think it's the beer. Today's coffee isnt helping either.
Get yur butt up here. We needs you.

F6A50453-98E1-4E03-A7DF-7DE51E80344B.jpeg