Editing older Post

Ransan

Hello! this is in regards to editing a post that you might have done to start a thread - what effect does editing older post do?
  • Does it put an updated comment in edit field and keep it’s original position in thread order?
  • Or for context, does it create an updated time stamp and continue on in sequence - somewhat duplicating the post, like a reply?
Thanks for your input

*(This comment is simply testing edit capability)

Last edited:
When you edit a (older) post, the last time/date of editing will be shown at the bottom of the original reply (just above the 'like' and 'reply' buttons)..

This will have no effect on the thread-order or anything like that..

Wow it's like going back in time-so if I change a post from 2014 I'll gain back 5 years. No just kidding. But if I died tomorrow I'd still be alive on the thread-I have attained immortality. I guess we are all immortal on here-post from years ago pop up. I've read some of my comments and I don't believe or agree with anything I said.

Thats what psychologists call..: personal growth..

And you seem to be on the right track regarding that..:)
Thanks Kyoshō I am the Grasshopper and listening and learning from young and old here and beyond. The only thing that hasn't changed is my hand writing it appears-opinions have come and gone but my cursive is still much the same since I learned how.

It's not welcome to correct older posts of themselves. If you change opinion this could make ridicolous the answers posted...ok??!!
Think before posting - lol....
Bernhard

Wow it's interesting going back to 2008 and looking at old post. I always thought I started drumming at 10 but one of my brothers corrected me and said I was 8 years old when I started. DW is also a little time capsule it appears.

Wow it's interesting going back to 2008 and looking at old post. I always thought I started drumming at 10 but one of my brothers corrected me and said I was 8 years old when I started. DW is also a little time capsule it appears.
You must have been thinking metric.

I've noticed that if an edited post was edited after someone replied to it, the edits are not reflected in the replies' quotes.

I've noticed that if an edited post was edited after someone replied to it, the edits are not reflected in the replies' quotes.

Well, no - because the 'quote' is just a bit of code that gives you the box encapsulation. So it doesn't get updated 'live', just as the quote is created.

I believe in the Tooth Fairy.

See?

It's like saying that all pictures of an oil painting aren't updated when the original picture is changed...

Back