Easy survey on Drum brands

Darth Vater

List 3 brands you'd consider if you were considering buying a new and 3 brands you wouldn't consider. This is not a flame a brand or flame any others members' opinion. More of a just what you prefer and what you don't. Best form for answers would look like this. Keep it simple. Keep it fun.

Would: 1. Sonor 2. Gretsch 3. Tama

Wouldn't: 1. Pearl 2. Yamaha 3. DW

wildbill

Platinum Member
1st gut reaction - would - Ludwig and Gretsch.

But there are so many, not even considering customs, that I wouldn't rule any out if they had what I was looking for:

But I did have a 1st gut reaction for wouldn't too - Mapex, Ddrum, and DW.

Last edited:

C.M. Jones

Three brands I would buy: Pearl, Pearl, and Pearl.

Three brands I wouldn't buy: Non-Pearl, Non-Pearl, and Non-Pearl.

If Pearl goes out of business, I'll switch to Ludwig -- after having a catastrophic emotional breakdown, of course.

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

would; Ayotte; Tama; Pearl

wouldn't: Yamaha; Mapex; Sonor

here is the link to the Google drive spreadsheet with the most up to date counts!!!

Last edited:

bud7h4

Silver Member
wood . . . Tama, Sonor, DW
wood knot . . . Ludwig, Gretsch, DDrum (No particular reason for these three, but the rules were "list three" , and these are three of the many brands I'm not really interested in)

Last edited:

NouveauCliche

List 3 brands you'd consider if you were considering buying a new and 3 brands you wouldn't consider. This is not a flame a brand or flame any others members' opinion. More of a just what you prefer and what you don't. Best form for answers would look like this. Keep it simple. Keep it fun.

Would: 1. Sonor 2. Gretsch 3. Tama

Wouldn't: 1. Pearl 2. Yamaha 3. DW

I'm not including the kits that I do own (GRETSCHHHHHHH)

Would: 1. Sonor 2. Yamaha 3. Noble & Cooley
Wouldn't 1. Pearl 2. Mapex 3. Tama

TK-421

Would: 1. Gretsch; 2. Sonor; 3. Tamaha (I'm torn between these two :))

Would not: 1. DW; 2. Pearl; 3. any idiotic kit with super long bass drums, ultra wide bass hoops, stupid-looking lugs, etc.