Earasers vs. Hearos High Fidelity?

TC, the suspension mounts you have are probably from early Workshop or Pacific kits. These go over the tension rods like RIMs do. Later PDP mounts went around the lugs the way regular DW mounts do and wouldn't fit any other drums. Workshop was an intermediate series between the Collectors and the Pacific kits. Made in Mexico but with conventional DW lugs. I have a snare from that series. I'm not sure what suspension mounts they used, but I had a Pacific Cx maple kit from that era that went on the tension rods.

TC, the suspension mounts you have are probably from early Workshop or Pacific kits. These go over the tension rods like RIMs do. Later PDP mounts went around the lugs the way regular DW mounts do and wouldn't fit any other drums. Workshop was an intermediate series between the Collectors and the Pacific kits. Made in Mexico but with conventional DW lugs. I have a snare from that series. I'm not sure what suspension mounts they used, but I had a Pacific Cx maple kit from that era that went on the tension rods.

Hey you're right, it was Pacific. I think that I began thinking that the package said "PDP" because Pacific became PDP shortly after my purchase.

This is Don Campbell....inventor of the Earasers.

Send me your address and I will send you the proper size Earasers so you can finish your review. The shipping is on me, and you can keep the original smalls. Even though the stores have issues with returns that have body fluids on them - you must realize how difficult a situation this could pose for the Health Department and liability - they are just not set up to deal with it. However, our company is a 47 year old hearing aid manufacturer and we are prepared to deal with these things. So, I was intrigued by your testing methods, but really suggest you stick to the purpose of the earplugs, which is of course for music appreciation. Wear them at a concert or playing your instrument and let me know what you think! I will offer you a 100% money back guarantee....yes every penny you paid to Guitar Center, if you don't think they are the best earplugs you ever owned. Best regards! Don [email protected] 170 N. Cypress Way, Casselberry, FL 32707 1-800-789-6543

I picked up a pair of these at GC about a month ago. They are not as flat as my Sensaphonics/Etymotic plugs but they are a fraction of the cost. Other than a bit more bottom end than should be, they don't do anything evil to the sound. The Westone molded plugs I used to have took the body right out of the snare drum and made it awkward for me to tell what I was doing dynamically. And the Hearasers are much more comfortable than the Westones and far beyond a set of Hearos I had previously. They also seem to stay in well and are more innocuous than the molded plugs. And you don't look like Lt. Uhura like the Hearos.

The bit about using the natural pinea of the ear and being down in the canal really makes a difference in how natural things sound. While the Hearos and some others have some amount of highs, they sound like listening though straws. The sound is not natural. Which leads many musicians to go without.

The attenuation of the Hearasers isn't that great, but it's enough to knock down the levels so that you probably won't aggravate things, and unlike the time I tried 25dB filters, it doesn't sound like the rest of the band is out in the parking lot.

I'm getting an extra set for my wife. We used to put bits of cotton ball in our ears when going to see music but these are much better. Probably not great for a hip hop club due to the lack of bass attenuation, but for seeing bands in bars and small clubs, they're great. Best $40 you can spend. I'm after all the bartenders I know to get some.

I did a gig Friday at a place that had a LARGE mirror, pretty much on the side of me, and one just off to my left in the back. Needless to say the sound was coming off of them big time. They made things on the stage a bit louder than it would have been if it was a normal wall like the rest of the space, but the Earasers plugs worked great in that environment (with the loudness), just like in any other place I've used them.

The Earasers made everything sound just fine too, and I haven't had hiss, or anything in my ears after a show since starting to use these plugs.

I bought a set of these last week. I really like them. I got the medium size. They fit well. I wore them for 1 band practice, probably 2 hours or so. Sounded great.

Wore them last night for a solid 3.5 hours at a concert. Felt good there too.

Back