Ear worm or schizophrenia?

Club Date

I believe I was the first to use it as a focal point. At least never read anyone else’s account. When I first started that practice I heard only one tone. The tinnitus tone which I now believe to be a tone of life/existence. Since then I have progressed to a point where I now hear up to 5 tones at a time. Not sure what/who/why the tones represent but I’ve also found a person can train their subconscious and /or build bridges TO the subconscious to apply different tones to represent different experiences.
Beautiful—what a great idea! I’m going to try to utilize this myself. Thanks!

Duck Tape

Platinum Member

TMe

Ear worm or schizophrenia?
According to my dim memory of psychology courses, you don't need to worry about your mental health unless you think someone else is putting thoughts in your head. Hearing music is okay, but if you start thinking it's put there by the CIA or space aliens or demons... that's when you might want to see a psychiatrist. Believing that your thoughts are not your own is a big red flag.

Anyone who listens to radio static for long enough will start hearing voices or music in it. It's just the brain looking for patterns in chaos and coming up with false positives. If you're hearing a constant din from tinnitus, I imagine it's the same effect.

Last edited:

doggyd69b

Silver Member
According to my dim memory of psychology courses, you don't need to worry about your mental health unless you think someone else is putting thoughts in your head. Hearing music is okay, but if you start thinking it's put there by the CIA or space aliens or demons... that's when you might want to see a psychiatrist. Believing that your thoughts are not your own is a big red flag.

But anyone who listens to radio static for long enough will start hearing voices or music in it. It's just the brain looking for patterns in chaos and coming up with false positives. If you're hearing a constant din from tinnitus, I imagine it's the same effect.
similar to people finding shapes in clouds, our brain tries to make sense of nonsense.