Ear Protection

synergy

Just thought I would share this info with the DW world.

Found myself in that place of hell Wally mart- and came across a pair of sound isolation ear muffs made by Remington for shooting for $8.

Compare these to Vic Firths $50 versions- this works for my just fine, I wear headphones underneath when I need to listen to something while playing.

Cant beat this for the price -just wanted to share

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
Just thought I would share this info with the DW world.

Found myself in that place of hell Wally mart- and came across a pair of sound isolation ear muffs made by Remington for shooting for $8.

Compare these to Vic Firths $50 versions- this works for my just fine, I wear headphones underneath when I need to listen to something while playing.

Cant beat this for the price -just wanted to share
I agree. I use some American Optical hearing protectors - like $10 at Lowe's - and they work very good. Very low frequencies still come through, mainly because they make your skull vibrate. Of course, you're getting a distorted version of your sound, because some frequencies are cut more than others, but it's good enough for practice. The point is to protect your ears from high sound pressure levels and these work really well for that.