EAD10 use in daily practice

Nice video - Imma let you finish - but DynaPhaser is obviously the best compliment to a natural acoustic drum sound and is the most suitable for any playing situation.

All kidding aside - I just did a whole hip hop album and had the EAD10 on compression along with room mics and the engineers literally chose the EAD10 sound for a majority of the tracks...I was mostly included the track as something akin to a room mic - just to beef up the sound...but they loved it straight out of the box.

Also - we've been using it to record the drummers on the online concerts series I've produced with amazing results.

Super powerful little tool.

Nice video - Imma let you finish - but DynaPhaser is obviously the best compliment to a natural acoustic drum sound and is the most suitable for any playing situation.

All kidding aside - I just did a whole hip hop album and had the EAD10 on compression along with room mics and the engineers literally chose the EAD10 sound for a majority of the tracks...I was mostly included the track as something akin to a room mic - just to beef up the sound...but they loved it straight out of the box.

Also - we've been using it to record the drummers on the online concerts series I've produced with amazing results.

Super powerful little tool.

Yep! I use it just like you do. If a client needs a quick demo, I just use the EAD10 and nothing else. But if it's something that's going to be released as a single or included on a record, then I use it mixed in with the other mics on the kit. I'm doing a live stream concert next Thursday with a band, and will probably use just the EAD10 and no other mics for it.

I continue to enjoy using my EAD10 for practice at home, and have recently gotten into making recordings playing along to drumless tracks. I'm curious if any users here have added external triggers, either for the snare or toms? Is it worth doing? I'm thinking that it might be cool to mix in a sampled sound with my snare, layering it on top of the acoustic sound coming from the EAD10's mics.

I continue to enjoy using my EAD10 for practice at home, and have recently gotten into making recordings playing along to drumless tracks. I'm curious if any users here have added external triggers, either for the snare or toms? Is it worth doing? I'm thinking that it might be cool to mix in a sampled sound with my snare, layering it on top of the acoustic sound coming from the EAD10's mics.
If I'm doing a demo track for someone, or teaching a lesson, basically anytime it's "EAD10 only," I'll always use the kick trigger.
I did play around with external triggers for the snare and toms a bit. It makes the drums sound much cleaner for sure, however a good amount of the time I'm doing session work, it tends to be mics only.

I love mine. It REALLY does all I need it to from home tracking through Logic X, to live stuff. Add the effects that interface gives it's just the whole package.

Back