E-drums for gigging

braincramp

Gold Member
If you would of told me 5 years ago I would be using E-drums for gigging I would have laughed and accused you of blasphemy.. not anymore.
I have always had e-kits to practice (Roland TD-4) but never really cared for them.. but have recently converted (no don't say it) to E-drums for gigging with a classic rock band I'm playing with now. It started with just a volume issue at practice, I was just too loud.. but once I got a "pro module" I was completely hooked. I now have programmed special drum sets for certain songs, I have a Rock kit, latin kit, metal kit and a ballad kit with the turn of a dial. Cymbal sounds have been what has always held me back but with todays modules having swell capabilities and real cymbal sound sampling things have changed.. I will never get rid of my acoustic sets but I have had more fun then I have had in years tweaking my module to get the perfect sound that matches the one in my head. Not to mention the money I'm saving by not having to change cymbals and snare drums on a monthly basis, now I just turn a dial for a new sound.

Frank

Gold Member
We have an excellent, well known band in our region where the drummer uses electronic drums - and it all sounds really good.

Having said that, it's not for me.

Different folks, different strokes.

goughy

but I have had more fun then I have had in years tweaking my module to get the perfect sound that matches the one in my head.
That's the key! If it ever stops being fun, go back to acoustic, or hybrid. If you're having fun then don't let anyone stop you.