E-Drum owners

And... the DTX kick pad has two inputs, my mesh Roland has only one? If I connect just one will I lose anything?

On setting up my DTx482, I have 4 cymbals but only 3 sockets for cymbals on the module.
Am I being dumb, the web picture shows Hi hat plus 3 cymbals...

Input in the KP65...

And... the DTX kick pad has two inputs, my mesh Roland has only one? If I connect just one will I lose anything?

Kick pad has one input one output. The input is to add an extra pad. The output carries both the kick trigger signal + signal of anything connected to the input along a stereo cable to the module.

Roland doesn't offer this

All in the manual (uses a PCY95 as an example)

1609778708611.png

That explains it.
I was trying to use my Alesis mesh kick pad to avoid the noisier Yamaha rubber one, but if it gains the cymbal, I’ll use it.
Up to the loft to get it...I didn’t get a manual as I bought used- is a detailed one available on line?
Ps is this app mentioned earlier a reasonable alternative to ez drummer etc?

ezdrummer is a software instrument. You don't need that - you have a nice sounding DTX.

All Yamaha's (and Roland's etc) manuals from the last few decades are free online on their websites,

A lot of the pre loaded kits are surplus for me. I prefer the traditional acoustic ones which is not a broad choice as standard. Is there a recommended kit or combination?

A lot of the pre loaded kits are surplus for me. I prefer the traditional acoustic ones which is not a broad choice as standard. Is there a recommended kit or combination?

Up to you. There's a load of professionally recorded and sampled Yamaha acoustic kits (Yamaha make some very nice acoustic kits!) in there.

I have a Roland TD17 KVX With a cheap PDP SP-400 Single Kick and an inexpensive entry-level Ludwig High Hat stand.
Just trying to ask stupid noob questions to get ideas as to what can be done, and learn.

I had asked about gadgets because I saw a Vid with quick-release cymbal screws. The Tama ones looked about the best bang for the buck there was a shit load of different brands of them..

I am Assuming VST is Software? I know nothing about MIDI.
What makes the Triggera Bix better than the stock beater on my PDP Kick pedal? In thinking about it now it doesn't seem like it would matter what Beater I have But I saw some that looked really cool.
DW Control Bass Beater.
View attachment 99692
What's up with the 2 and 3 ply mesh heads Roland makes. I couldn't find any info on the stock heads I have. What's the difference?
Ok, the Tama quick release for cymbals pop up all the time with normal cymbals, I have the Pearl and it's awesome, I don't have any experience with E-Cymbals though, but you asked whether it's for E-drums or acoustic ones so..

And when I am ready to get an Amp or monitor for the E-Drum Set do I get the Roland Monitor
View attachment 99695
or just get a simple All in one PA type deal? Was looking at a Used Fender Passport for around 250. Because Eventually, I want to be able to play with other people.
View attachment 99693
What do you plug into when you want to make some noise?
Was that a bit more Concise? LOL My apologies for the Wall of NEWB Spam
Buy a good pair of IEM, you will be way better than with a monitor that will add volume on something where volume is usually a reason to buy an E-Drums..
For the cymbals quick release, I tried the Tama and ten Pearl, the Tama pops up regularly,nthe Pearl stay super put all the time...On normal cymbals, I haven't tried them on E-Cymbals though...

ezdrummer is a software instrument. You don't need that - you have a nice sounding DTX.

All Yamaha's (and Roland's etc) manuals from the last few decades are free online on their websites,

Hey I was thinking I think I'm going to try out a few more Yamahas and I was just wondering which store you're based at so I could come down and have a chat after lockdown?

Buy a good pair of IEM, you will be way better than with a monitor that will add volume on something where volume is usually a reason to buy an E-Drums..
For the cymbals quick release, I tried the Tama and ten Pearl, the Tama pops up regularly,nthe Pearl stay super put all the time...On normal cymbals, I haven't tried them on E-Cymbals though...
I don't recommend IEMs for E drums. Normal closed back headphones will do fine, IEMs are better suited to acoustic drums where you have to eliminate as much ouside noise as possible. They're a fuss to get in your ear and you will always get better sound quality in over ears compared to in ears at the same price range.

which store you're based at so I could come down and have a chat after lockdown?

Hey
I'm not at a store - I don't work for a instrument manufacturer/supplier.

I don't recommend IEMs for E drums. Normal closed back headphones will do fine, IEMs are better suited to acoustic drums where you have to eliminate as much ouside noise as possible. They're a fuss to get in your ear and you will always get better sound quality in over ears compared to in ears at the same price range.

Different strokes, but I love my Shure in-ears. I still want to eliminate as much ambient noise as possible. I don't want to have to maximize volume to drown out the pad and cymbal thudding.

Different strokes, but I love my Shure in-ears. I still want to eliminate as much ambient noise as possible. I don't want to have to maximize volume to drown out the pad and cymbal thudding.
I also have Shure IEMs, the SE535. I use them for acoustic drums though. When I had E drums, I used to use Audio Technica M50Xs and they are a regular pair of over ears. They eliminated ambient noise just fine, I didn't need to crank them up. IEMs are overkill for E drums I think.

As someone with tinnitus I don't use IEMs (period). I do use custom moulded protection in ears (not monitors).
I know they are somewhat popular, but I would NEVER trust me hearing health to IEMs that are not custom made and professionally fitted.
There are a lot of standard headphones that pretty much eliminate ambient sound. I've never had any problem cutting the tik-tak sound of stick on pad with just regular closed back hi-fi headphones,

As someone with tinnitus I don't use IEMs (period). I do use custom moulded protection in ears (not monitors).
I know they are somewhat popular, but I would NEVER trust me hearing health to IEMs that are not custom made and professionally fitted.
There are a lot of standard headphones that pretty much eliminate ambient sound. I've never had any problem cutting the tik-tak sound of stick on pad with just regular closed back hi-fi headphones,
So like an ear plug? Doesn't output any sound?

Back