DW Official Discussion Forum Banner

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
This thing:

20200710_111952.jpg

Shouldn't clicking on the banner take you to the main forum page and not the DW home page? It does say "Official Discussion Forum" on it, yet it goes to the home page.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Yeah service here sucks. Middle of nowhere and all.
Not to derail the thread, but I installed a cellular booster in my [steel] studio. The signal went from 1 bar to a solid 4 with fast loading pages, quick texts with photos and no dropped calls anymore. Now wifey wants one in the house.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Not to derail the thread, but I installed a cellular booster in my [steel] studio. The signal went from 1 bar to a solid 4 with fast loading pages, quick texts with photos and no dropped calls anymore. Now wifey wants one in the house.
Well now, I did not know these things existed. You mean like this:

We dont have home internet, only cell phones. Will this still boost the signal?

Geez, some of these signal boosters are over $1000.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Man the only negative of living a distance is internet/cell issues. You must play to recorded music since searching online sn issue? I remember in one home we had great cell service - then they built a tower nearby which I naively thought “ heck even better service” bull hell no we became a dead zone. I didn’t understand that at all- grrrrrrrrr. But man I’d love to live out in boonies-we just moved one neighbors porch steps are about 10 feet from my back door- I couldn’t fart w/o them smelling it. The other about 30 feet. I feel like a sardine. I told my wife if one catches fire they’d all burn so close. It’s only till her parents both pass then we’ll move closer to kids so shouldn’t he to many years - man that sounds callous but both in poor health. But I think we need to start a good fund me page for you to have a personal satellite to get better reception for cell and internet-or ask Elon Musk to build and send you one up. I can ask-he's a personal friend who fired me for my crazy ideas LOL-i wish he'd laugh at my lunacy. But maybe we take a balloon then powered drone , then booster for last effort to new heights with your own Lil satellite in space. It'll be Polacknik-like Sputnik-the first lill bugger in space. Dang I want one now.

Last edited:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
You must play to recorded music since searching online sn issue?
I have a few options Art. I play to the radio a lot. Never trying to play exact, just using the tempo and measure as reference.

Pandora actually comes in pretty good despite cell signal, so I have that option too.

I have a desktop computer next to my drums. It has thousands of mp3s on it, as well as Fruity Loops 3. I can program stuff with it or use it as the worlds most involved metronome (FL3 grids to 64ths, infinite patterns can be made).

And last but not least, I have a portable mp3 player also.

lefty2

Platinum Member
T-Mobile gave us a signal booster for our home because our signal was really weak. I don't think we paid anything for it

cbphoto

Gold Member
Well now, I did not know these things existed. You mean like this:

We dont have home internet, only cell phones. Will this still boost the signal?

Geez, some of these signal boosters are over $1000.
Yup, that’s the kind of gear I mean. My research led me to choose this brand-model:

The closest cell tower is 5.5 miles away so antennae placement and its “aim” was critical. I used a free app to determine where the towers are.

I kinda got lost in the woods while researching this stuff, there’s so many choices. But weBoost is based in Utah so if I ran into problems (I didn’t) I felt I’d get decent support.

Once it was up and operating, I had to register the device with my carrier (Verizon) and it took just a couple of minutes on their website.