DW Frequent Flyer Kit

do normal people have drill presses and things like this in their homes? Maybe it's an american thing. I have never seen a normal person with a drill press in their home.
My drill press is between my felling axe ? and my pet bald eagle ?, Duck.
Only kidding of course, it’s actually between my jointer and planer.

do normal people have drill presses and things like this in their homes? Maybe it's an american thing. I have never seen a normal person with a drill press in their home.
It probably is an American thing. I have one at home and two at the shop.

Oh - American's all live in small factories. We each have the ability to make Ford cars should we need to.

guys it was a legitimate question you don’t have to take the piss out of everything

Well my legitimate answer is that obviously not every American owns a drill press. I've never even seen one in person much less know anyone that owns one.

I live in a rural area though - and people do have big shops that they use for....I don't know what. Repairing furniture? No one seems to make anything - but they have awesome shops haha.

The only thing I own is a bench grinder that I've used to trim down the length of a hit hat rod and an AUX percussion arm and the only reason I have it is because I grew up on a farm and we'd use it for various things...and when we sold the farm I kept it for sentimental purposes. So it sits akwardly in my garage on my freezer with nothing to do most of the time.

Well my legitimate answer is that obviously not every American owns a drill press. I've never even seen one in person much less know anyone that owns one.

I live in a rural area though - and people do have big shops that they use for....I don't know what. Repairing furniture? No one seems to make anything - but they have awesome shops haha.

The only thing I own is a bench grinder that I've used to trim down the length of a hit hat rod and an AUX percussion arm and the only reason I have it is because I grew up on a farm and we'd use it for various things...and when we sold the farm I kept it for sentimental purposes. So it sits akwardly in my garage on my freezer with nothing to do most of the time.
aww, finally a real answer. thanks.

Well, I can't speak for others, but I at least keep my anvil and forge out in my shed (no joke, my wife won't let me forge in the house, go figure?‍♂️).

But in all seriousness, I prefer to try and fix things ("things" being everything from drum parts to pocket knives to my PS4 or other electronics, just anything that might need to be fixed.) before hiring someone to fix them or replacing them. I also like to make things. Over the summer, I built my own lightsaber from parts.

IMG_8543.JPG

Last edited:
Toro Groundmaster 4500D, 2013 model. Unless you own a large field or a golf course, it's total overkill.

It's beautiful. I'll see your mower and raise you a tractor. I just bought this Mahindra 4WD a few months ago. IMG_9932.JPG

It's beautiful. I'll see your mower and raise you a tractor. I just bought this Mahindra 4WD a few months ago. View attachment 98979
very nice!
I don't have pics at the moment, but there's a John Deere 4066R here with the bucket and backhoe attachment as well as my personal favourite tractor, the Kubota 4700. It's a beast.
What's the make on the powerplant in that guy?

Well, I can't speak for others, but I at least keep my anvil and forge out in my shed (no joke, my wife won't let me forge in the house, go figure?‍♂️).

But in all seriousness, I prefer to try and fix things ("things" being everything from drum parts to pocket knives to my PS4 or other electronics, just anything that might need to be fixed.) before hiring someone to fix them or replacing them. I also like to make things. Over the summer, I built my own lightsaber from parts.

View attachment 98977

Where did you find a kyber crystal?

very nice!
I don't have pics at the moment, but there's a John Deere 4066R here with the bucket and backhoe attachment as well as my personal favourite tractor, the Kubota 4700. It's a beast.
What's the make on the powerplant in that guy?

I looked at Kubota, which is what I really wanted but they are awfully pricey, but then someone suggested Mahindra (which I had never actually heard of) and after talking to people and doing a lot of research, I couldn't find a single bad review and they were a good 10K cheaper. So all in all, I'm very happy with it.

Also, this may be a noob question, but what what do you mean by powerplant?

Hey while we are on the subject of tractors, let me share with you all what happened to me just yesterday. I am fine, and so is the tractor, the canopy is just a little bent. But I don't think it's a stretch to say that the canopy possibly saved my life. I had cut this limb, which was leaning away from me, and thought it would be a great idea to use the front-end loader to push it down. Unfortunately physics thought otherwise. But it's probably good that I tried to use the tractor to push it, because if I had just kept sawing on it, it likely would've fallen directly on me.IMG_1555.JPG

I looked at Kubota, which is what I really wanted but they are awfully pricey, but then someone suggested Mahindra (which I had never actually heard of) and after talking to people and doing a lot of research, I couldn't find a single bad review and they were a good 10K cheaper. So all in all, I'm very happy with it.

Also, this may be a noob question, but what what do you mean by powerplant?
Engine manufacturer. i.e. Yanmar, Kubota, caterpillar, etc.
My John Deere has a Yanmar engine.
Hey while we are on the subject of tractors, let me share with you all what happened to me just yesterday. I am fine, and so is the tractor, the canopy is just a little bent. But I don't think it's a stretch to say that the canopy possibly saved my life. I had cut this limb, which was leaning away from me, and thought it would be a great idea to use the front-end loader to push it down. Unfortunately physics thought otherwise. But it's probably good that I tried to use the tractor to push it, because if I had just kept sawing on it, it likely would've fallen directly on me.View attachment 98981
quite lucky indeed. I have seen many a log roll out of the bucket, onto the hood, and then directly at the operator.

Back