DW Frequent Flyer Kit

someguy01

I looked at Kubota, which is what I really wanted but they are awfully pricey, but then someone suggested Mahindra (which I had never actually heard of) and after talking to people and doing a lot of research, I couldn't find a single bad review and they were a good 10K cheaper. So all in all, I'm very happy with it.

Also, this may be a noob question, but what what do you mean by powerplant?
Engine manufacturer. i.e. Yanmar, Kubota, caterpillar, etc.
My John Deere has a Yanmar engine.
Hey while we are on the subject of tractors, let me share with you all what happened to me just yesterday. I am fine, and so is the tractor, the canopy is just a little bent. But I don't think it's a stretch to say that the canopy possibly saved my life. I had cut this limb, which was leaning away from me, and thought it would be a great idea to use the front-end loader to push it down. Unfortunately physics thought otherwise. But it's probably good that I tried to use the tractor to push it, because if I had just kept sawing on it, it likely would've fallen directly on me.View attachment 98981
quite lucky indeed. I have seen many a log roll out of the bucket, onto the hood, and then directly at the operator.

acsunda

Engine manufacturer. i.e. Yanmar, Kubota, caterpillar, etc.
My John Deere has a Yanmar engine.

Oh, that makes sense. The engine is manufactured by Mahindra, as far as I can tell. Apparently Mahindra used to make tractors for International Harvester up until the late 80's, and they are still made the same way, and so the appeal is the simpler, old school build style and quality.

Elvis

Silver Member
guys it was a legitimate question you don’t have to take the piss out of everything
No law says you can't go out and buy a drill press, either (if you have the room for one, that is).
Seriously, before I had one, I never missed it, never thought I needed one. After I got it, I can't believe I went so long without one.
Absolutely indispensable. One of the most used tools I have.
I'm Elvis and I certify that this is a no-piss post.

Elvis

Elvis

Silver Member
I looked at Kubota, which is what I really wanted but they are awfully pricey, but then someone suggested Mahindra (which I had never actually heard of) and after talking to people and doing a lot of research, I couldn't find a single bad review and they were a good 10K cheaper. So all in all, I'm very happy with it.

Also, this may be a noob question, but what what do you mean by powerplant?
Thank you for the review. I've been wondering about those Mahindra's myself....and I'm glad to hear you're ok.

acsunda

Thank you for the review. I've been wondering about those Mahindra's myself....and I'm glad to hear you're ok.

Thanks! And yeah, I’ve had it since August and I’ve been pretty happy with it so far and haven’t had any issues. It’s all very simple, not a lot of bells and whistles. And like I said, it was a lot cheaper than a Kubota. I think it was around $25k total.

someguy01

Hydraulic maintenance followed by regular greasing is the key to long tractor life. My Kub is almost 30 and she runs like the day she was new.
So as not to bore everyone to death, I can recommend grease (they are not all the same) and explain all of its properties in DM if there's interest.

Elvis

Silver Member
Hydraulic maintenance followed by regular greasing is the key to long tractor life. My Kub is almost 30 and she runs like the day she was new.
So as not to bore everyone to death, I can recommend grease (they are not all the same) and explain all of its properties in DM if there's interest.
Thanks. I'm well aware of maintenance schedules. I used to turn a wrench for a living.

Elvis

Silver Member
Congratulations. I'll notify your future chiropractor and acupuncturist. ;)

someguy01

Congratulations. I'll notify your future chiropractor and acupuncturist. ;)
Got 'em both and benes that cover them. 30 years now I've been at this, gonna be until I die. When I accepted that, I got to improving my physical longevity.

Elvis

Silver Member
Ok, this is starting to sound like a fight.
No one's questioning your expertise, so no reason for one.
Settle down and let's get back on subject.

someguy01

Ok, this is starting to sound like a fight.
No one's questioning your expertise, so no reason for one.
Settle down and let's get back on subject.
Not sure where you gathered that. I'm agreeing about the chiropractor and acupuncturist having been tormenting my body for 30 years and on into the foreseeable future. I'm all about the physical longevity.
I always hate when I bash a finger enough I can't play for days.

Elvis

Silver Member
Fair enough.
Guess I read more attitude in your posts than what was actually there.
When I post that I used to turn a wrench for a living, and your reply is just, "I still do."
There's a bit of "menace" in that.
Maybe next time, think a little harder about how you reply.
No harm, no foul, but this is how misunderstandings start.
...and yeah, I hate it when I smack my finger, too. ( ;) ). I'm just SO through with that whole lifestyle, but everyone keeps wanting to drag me back in.
It gets tiring sometimes.

acsunda

Man, this thread really took some twists and turns.

Sakae2xBopster

Elvis

Silver Member
Man, this thread really took some twists and turns.
Hey, you've had that Frequent Flyer for a few days now.
Have you had much chance to play it?
How does it seem to you?
(feel free to respond with a complete review =) )

Elvis