DW Drums Kitbuilder - forever under construction?

C.M. Jones

Since January eh? Can you imagine how long it'll take John Good and the gang to build you a custom kit? And what if you and a couple others ordered at the same time? Whoa nellie!

John, I don't know what it is, but your ongoing lampoons of Good and DW entertain me to no end. Maybe the Pearl badge above my name makes me persistently receptive.

johnwesley

Silver Member
John, I don't know what it is, but your ongoing lampoons of Good and DW entertain me to no end. Maybe the Pearl badge above my name makes me persistently receptive.
Well C.M. (if I may be so bold as to refer to you by your initials) I can't take Mr. Good seriously. He's the P.T. Barnum of percussion and hawking weird things like sliding vents on snare drum shells to change sound. Exotic exterior veneers like banana nut fruitcake, and sassyass pine from the wilds of the Ugandan everglades. (look for that one on a map) And this weird idea of vertical over horizontal over cut at a 27 degree angle ply layering. glued upside down into a outer veneer of banana nut fruitcake. We'll then create huge round lugs that accept our special t-rods, die cast so very fine that there are 8 threads to every single thread used on t-rods by other drum makers. This makes them proprietary. It also makes them detune your drum simply by clearing your throat. That means 60 times per quarter hour when gigging in a bar. STEP RIGHT UP LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.....

GCRoberts

It's been under construction for at least a few years now
Thanks, that answer doesn't surprise me. Since I purchased a standard DW Performance kit, it doesn't really matter to me too much. Would just be cool to give the kitbuilder a try sometime.

incrementalg

Gold Member
DW hasn't really been on top of their website in terms of updating info or even making the site more user friendly. One example, is they still list the Bell Brass as cast, but they've been using rolled shells for a long time.

incrementalg

Gold Member
Since January eh? Can you imagine how long it'll take John Good and the gang to build you a custom kit? And what if you and a couple others ordered at the same time? Whoa nellie!
Not true. My custom order depleted uranium shell set is only a 4 month wait.

But seriously, I ordered a tom in a discontinued lacquer finish and the wait time is approx. 12 weeks...even during the pandemic.

Steady Freddy

Pioneer Member
Well C.M. (if I may be so bold as to refer to you by your initials) I can't take Mr. Good seriously. He's the P.T. Barnum of percussion and hawking weird things like sliding vents on snare drum shells to change sound. Exotic exterior veneers like banana nut fruitcake, and sassyass pine from the wilds of the Ugandan everglades. (look for that one on a map) And this weird idea of vertical over horizontal over cut at a 27 degree angle ply layering. glued upside down into a outer veneer of banana nut fruitcake. We'll then create huge round lugs that accept our special t-rods, die cast so very fine that there are 8 threads to every single thread used on t-rods by other drum makers. This makes them proprietary. It also makes them detune your drum simply by clearing your throat. That means 60 times per quarter hour when gigging in a bar. STEP RIGHT UP LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.....

Keep posting bro !!!! At some point in the distant future you may write actually something that sounds like you have a minimum level of intelligence. That said, I'm not hopeful.