DW Drums - Help Me Pick a Color

gnugent

What color do you like - Green, Blue, or Magenta?

Attachments

• GreenDW.jpg
    GreenDW.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 79
  • BlueDW.jpg
    BlueDW.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 80
  • MagentaDW.jpg
    MagentaDW.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 79
I like the blue, but I have blue drums already. Peace and goodwill.

I'm not big on fades for some reason. I prefer solid colored lacquers or wraps with consitent patterns. So I can't really be of any help unfortunately.

I like the green. But a woman, or backing up some women, might want to get the magenta.

Same here.

Isn't DW famous for its array of finishes? I would keep looking, personally....
Yeah, but as I always say, you can't legislate taste. I can only say what I'd like or dislike. DW, like Sonor, really tunes you up for the nicer lacquer finishes but if you can come away with a nice sparkle or satin color you might be able to save a bit of cash and have it still look nice on stage. I'm not a fan of bursts or duco finishes.

Yeah, but as I always say, you can't legislate taste. I can only say what I'd like or dislike. DW, like Sonor, really tunes you up for the nicer lacquer finishes but if you can come away with a nice sparkle or satin color you might be able to save a bit of cash and have it still look nice on stage. I'm not a fan of bursts or duco finishes.
You can't legislate taste, that much is true. Most of us aren't a fan of the more ostentatious finishes.

But then again, OP is from Las Vegas...so... ?

I don't like the faded scheme, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the green.

This brings up the “wild finish” discussion. If you plan on working with a lot of different people (like most of us do), anything too far out is a no-no. Unless you plan on owning several kits (like most of us do), either of those choices will not look good in a majority of situations. I get being a fan of other drummers, but your reality will be much different. You don’t know if you’re gonna get called to play a wedding in black & white tux, or a heavy metal band, or a country band (if that’s where you’re leaning). Of course, if you’re just gonna have your own band with your own vision, then you can do whatever you want. But there’s a reason I own a black set and a wood set. I once saw a guy get called for a WWII swing band, and all he had was his cherry wood Yamaha Recording Custom Weckl clone drumset from the 80s (with the tiny toms so popular at the time). He played the appropriate stuff but I don’t think he ever got called again.

:pat gun point?..the shooter would likely say dude!..youve got 30 seconds or your gone!..even then I'd just say blue at 29 seconds.

Put all three together in a paint mixer. oops...Sonor already does.
I guess I'd choose blue if I had to.

Back