DW Collector's Series NEW $2427 - good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckypops

I saw these at the local GC.

It's Collector Series in broken glass wrap brand new.

10, 12, 14, 16 and 18x22.

Is $2427 a great deal or just average?

They also have the same setup in black velvet (oil rubbed red finish with black hardware) for $2791.

I just like the wrap cuz it will look cool under lights.

How good a "deal" it is is relative, but that sounds like a nice price for a new 5-piece dw kit.

I guess I should explain my idea of a good deal. I wanna be able to get most or all of my money back out of it when I sell it. Does it fit that?

I guess I should explain my idea of a good deal. I wanna be able to get most or all of my money back out of it when I sell it. Does it fit that?

To me it would all depend on the condition of the kit after it has been used. The price you quoted earlier does seem as if it's a rather good price from what I've seen in some stores, but again it's not worth even that price if you don't like the sound of them.

Don't buy any set of drums by name alone.

Dennis

To me it would all depend on the condition of the kit after it has been used. The price you quoted earlier does seem as if it's a rather good price from what I've seen in some stores, but again it's not worth even that price if you don't like the sound of them.

Don't buy any set of drums by name alone.

Dennis

I tried 'em and they are g-o-o-d! Just don't wanna pay more than I can recover when I find something better :) They already had the heads I like on em so all I had to do is tune em to my liking.

i dont own a dw yet.. (3ish months to go!) however from all the research that i have done and the snare i own i doubt that you will be disapointed.

I think it's a good deal.
I think the most important thing is that you like the kit and are willing to pay the price for it. I also think that you could easily resell the kit if you ever grow tired of it. Especially with DW being as popular as they are right now.
So just figure out whether you think the kit's worth the money.

That's a nice number on a complete DW kit, new. I own 2 DW kits, both used. Totally lucked into a used kit at Sam Ash sevaral years back in a Marine Wrap for 2K but that was capturing Lightning in a bottle. Searched on line at Guitar Center for Used Gear and was willing to drive almost anywhere in North East if the exact kit I liked was avail. Found a used Natural Satin for 2600. So....having said that your deal looks very good for new, especially if it's the wrap/finish you want. I've hunted for years before striking gold. You won't get a DW kit for much less than its worth. These things keep their value. When you pick these up you'll feel like I felt ....like I just purchased a fancy car. New it's generally tough to touch these for much less than 3 grand.

id say it was a good deal even if you transfered that straight to pounds not sure on US prices but id guess they normally go for more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back