DW Collector Series concrete snare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noisy

I'm guessing concrete is more attention grabbing than soapstone & resin.
Say “concrete” when honesty isn’t important?

Hopefully musicradar is incorrect. Who though actually knows the truth?

Last edited:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Say “concrete” when honesty isn’t important?

Hopefully musicradar is incorrect. Who though actually knows the truth?
I don't know what this drum is constructed from / only going on what's reported here, but every sector of today's product representation uses loose connection to something / association for the purpose of attention grabbing, easy consumption, or implied quality / brand enhancement.

It would appear that this specific case is unusual, in so much as it represents something that's perceived as lower quality / more utilitarian than the actual material offered.

I absolutely prefer accuracy, but it seems I'm often in the minority, and increasingly swimming against the tide.

In the drum industry, terms such as aircraft grade aluminium, bell brass, etc, are common examples of marketing upgrading by tenuous association, as is the pretence of real veneer when using ALPI. Actually, in the case of ALPI, I think the industry is missing a trick. ALPI isn't cheap, it's more stable than a real veneer, and it carries very strong environmental protection benefits - why wouldn't you market those advantages?

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Does it have those black fibrous expansion joints in it? Some contactors still use wood.
LOL and sometimes they use some cardboard material. I had a house that I noted little tunnels forming in dry wall of garage. It was termites and they traveled and ate this cardboard expansion material they had used in driveway into my house.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
So it's soapstone and not concrete-next will be a Meerschaum snare-you can bang on it and it will adapt into a hookah LOL. Oh I know bone (just like bone tools gave Modern man an advantage of all the stoners)-so some big dinosaur bone carved into a drum kit. You can dress up like Fred Flintstone LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.