DW at Best Buy

Like I stated before, The DW kit that our local BB has is expensive and had to have been a lower end kit. Not even as nice as what our Guitar Center carries. Not worth the coin IMO

Dude, what are you talking about? Unless you mean it's a PDP, DW doesn't make a lower end kit. They have the Custom series, which are the main DW drums, and the Jazz series, which is equally good (if not better). DW doesn't have a low end kit.

I was comparing what I saw at BB to one that I played on at GC and with just a visual inspection the hardware wasn't the same. Both were about the same in cost but the fit and finish of the hardware on the drums at GC looked better.

Well obviously things change in different areas cause the closest best buy near my house (danbury CT) is an awesome place. The employees are very nice and are always looking to help, and are very knowledgeable. I've never had a bad experience going to best buy. and I'm very excited about them holding drums cause there isnt a decent drum store within 50 miles from my house. Closest one is the guitar center in Larchmont and then the Long Island Drum Center like 2 hours away.

Circuit City on the other hand....

Most of you guys wont see the instruments at your local BB yet, as it has not rolled out to all stores yet. The big wigs wanna make sure everything is in line and so on before trying to put it in ever store, since it costs about 2 million per store that they roll this out in. Unfortunately, the Danbury store is not on the next wave to get instruments (I work at the meriden CT store now, and trust me, i looked as soon as I heard this was coming.) and the closest store to new england is one of the jersey stores. One or two of them have instruments. Cant wait till this rolls out, should be a great selection after everyone is signed on.

One thing that annoys me is that they only carry Zildjian cymbals, and Remo heads. That means I have to drive ALL THE WAY to Guitar Center to buy an Aquarian head.

I was comparing what I saw at BB to one that I played on at GC and with just a visual inspection the hardware wasn't the same. Both were about the same in cost but the fit and finish of the hardware on the drums at GC looked better.

Yeah I am gonna have to call BS here bro. The BB here in N.H. just finished installing their musical dept. and it is very, very impressive. The DW kits and every other instrument they sell is exactly the same as the ones GC gets. Plus the financing is much better than GC and I know from personal experience that BB return policy is top notch.

They have 3 Rolands, 2 yamamha's, and 1 simmons electronic kits all set up with sticks on each for anyone to sit down and play. The local GC does not have this. They had a DW, and 2 PDP's set up on the acoustic side as well. And they were not out in the open so you don't have to hear the jackasses on the kits unless you walk into the drum room unlike GC.

I am highly impressed by BB dive into musical instruments, when I 1st heard this I figured they would just have some small corner set aside and just see how it went but man they went all out. Granted I asked the sales guy if one of the Roland's came with the rack (which I know they do) and he did not know. He checked and came back 5 mins later and told me that yes it does, which was nice atleast he did not just give me an answer off the top of his head, which I have received at GC.

It's great to have options other than GC and some over priced mom and pop that I have to feel guilty about not shopping at.

It cracks me up how worked up people have gotten in this thread. For a lot of people, this means there will be another place to go get gear near them...for a lot of people, it'll be the first time they can go and just check out DW drums at a shop, etc. Also, because Best Buy has better hours than a lot of small music stores, for a lot of people this will eliminate the "Crap, there's a gig tonight, I need new sticks, and the shop closes at 3 PM" problem that we've all experienced outside of big cities. There is NO negative to this. Sure, there will be some stores where people are undertrained. That happens at drum shops, too. I will keep supporting my local Five Star Drum Shop, Dale's Drum Shop. However, it's about a half hour drive to get there...it's good to know that if I ever need something quick, I'll be able to drive about four miles and grab gear. I may even look into teaching at the Best Buy in my area once this rolls out. Why not? That's great exposure, and eliminates having to have students come to your house, and their parents just sit around your place.

Also, because Best Buy has better hours than a lot of small music stores, for a lot of people this will eliminate the "Crap, there's a gig tonight, I need new sticks, and the shop closes at 3 PM" problem that we've all experienced outside of big cities.

I will agree that most music stores have horrible hours. almost as bad as a bank's hours...

my local music store is closed so often I used to wonder how they made any money... but now that I'm about to pay over $700 for a ride and a pair of hi-hats, I realize where they get their money from... XD

What's the difference between Sam Ash, GC or Best Buy?

I went to a BB here in IL that had a musical instrument department and it may not be set up like a GC or SA but the prices were comparable and they will beat or match any price. Like my post before, what's the difference between BB, SA, GC. Nothing. Odd for sure, for now. As far as DW selling at BB, DW doesn't care. They'll sell to anyone and so will Pearl, Tama, Zildjian. The store I went to had the highend DW's. They also had Zildjians. yes Zildjians. Anyone here going to question Zildjians? A cymbal company that has been around since the dinosaurs...it's just business folks.

Model: DWSM379 Expand your drum kit setup with this hi-hat clutch. Product Features • Compatible with most hi-hat cymbals • Secures your hi-hat cymbal to your hi-hat stand • Durable chrome hardware

I can agree with that last statement KR3 posted. But now if I buy anything at BB I want to inspect the actual unit I get first - in the store. None of this "the display model looks nice, but the boxed one YOU get is scratched, broken, used, etc." That happened to me with a TV set I bought there...the boxed one the sales rep gave me off the shelf, I got it home, unboxed it and the thing was used, scratched, dented, and the picture looked horrible. I took it back and they supplied a brand new one, BUT that wasted 3 hours out of my day. That messed up on should have never been put back on the shelf for sale.

Back