DW 9000 double pedal or Tama Speed cobra 910 double pedal?

Dear friends,

After a few years, I want to buy a definite double pedal that's fast, powerful and stable. I've tested the Speed cobra 910 double pedal in a music store before and they felt fantastic. Wanted to try the DW 9000 double pedal but not a single music store in my neighborhood sells these pedals.
What do you think of these two double pedals?
Or do you recommend another double pedal (pearl eliminator, Demon Drive,...)? I'm not thinking about saving extra cash (but not Trick, Axis,... that's too expensive).

I'm currently playing with a used Tama Iron cobra power glide double pedal (old model).

TBH, any of the top-tier offerings from Tama, DW, Pearl, etc (Don't forget Yamaha) are all very nice. Pick the one that fits your lifestyle.

The only advice I might interject is that, if you're going to be sharing the kit with other drummers, or allowing its use as a public backline kit, then the answer becomes "DW 5000".

TBH, any of the top-tier offerings from Tama, DW, Pearl, etc (Don't forget Yamaha) are all very nice. Pick the one that fits your lifestyle.

The only advice I might interject is that, if you're going to be sharing the kit with other drummers, or allowing its use as a public backline kit, then the answer becomes "DW 5000".

Yes - we don't know what style or how you play. Maybe you should post a video of your playing so we can see if anything can help ;)

Most of the time, I play heel-up like in this video:
(like 15:53)
But when I play double bass, my legs are more stomping with my heels against de footplate to get proper single strokes.

Most of the time, I play heel-up like in this video:
(like 15:53)
But when I play double bass, my legs are more stomping with my heels against de footplate to get proper single strokes.
No no. We want to see YOU play. Can't make an accurate call without seeing how you play.

TBH though, any high-end set of pedals will work. It's just whether or not you like them. If I were to suggest anything, I would suggest the Pearl Demon double pedal. It's incredibly smooth, and the linkage from slave pedal to the beater is smoother than most and it almost feels like a primary.
But what I did on my last double pedal, was I had the DW5002, but I replaced the linkage from slave to beater with the Trick linkage arm. It's totally ball-bearing driven and really makes the slave feel like the primary. It's a $180 upgrade though.

Reactions: TJK
DW9000's & spend time setting them up properly. Nothing better :)

Do you normally leave your left foot in the depressed position like that? I was going to suggest the Tama Speed Cobra, but it appears that you may prefer a heavier feel. I would suggest that you get (or at least try) the DW5000, not the 9000.

Do you normally leave your left foot in the depressed position like that? I was going to suggest the Tama Speed Cobra, but it appears that you may prefer a heavier feel. I would suggest that you get (or at least try) the DW5000, not the 9000.
I actually prefer a lighter feel but this (heavy) pedal forces me to play like this. That’s why I’m looking for an other pedal.

I actually prefer a lighter feel
I would say get the Tama then. The DW9000 feels nice, but the Tama is way easier to make multiple adjustments, and feels just as nice - maybe nicer.
FYI, I play a Yamaha, and it feels even lighter than the Tama.

For me it’s very important I can play multiple styles with the pedal (latin, funk, metal,...). So doubles with one feet too instead of doubles with a double pedal. Or different rudiments with my feet like paradiddles and stuff.

For me it’s very important I can play multiple styles with the pedal (latin, funk, metal,...). So doubles with one feet too instead of doubles with a double pedal. Or different rudiments with my feet like paradiddles and stuff.

The longboard makes for much easier heel toe doubles. It’s a blast to play, I have always relied on a double to do the fast doubles but the 910 makes it a breeze. I have size 12 feet and never heel toed in the 40 years I have played but about 15 seconds after my foot set on the pedal it was like I had been heel toeing my whole life.

Back