DW 50th Anniversary Edge Snare Drum ?

no, but outside of the price, i prefer a drum that doesn't have so many words printed allover it.

I felt the same way about their drummer art snares like the Dark Side of the Moon snare. Having the prism art on one panel would have been neat and classy, but putting it on every panel made an incredibly expensive drum look too gaudy for me. This 50th snare isn't that bad, but it's still too much for me, and the faux finished hardware reminds me of too many other wannabe trendy beginner-level kits to take it seriously on a $3000 snare drum.

And I thought Tama Star Reserve and their bell brass snares were pricey.

Edit: I just checked Sweetwater’s site and they list it at $1800. Must be that special shipping cost to Oz in @Tiges post.

EDA51982-1EDF-48E4-91C8-B7E28924A790.jpeg

Still, no thanks. Too busy of a finish, and I’d rather save up for something else.

Last edited:
Someone will buy it but it isn’t going to be me.

And I thought Tama Star Reserve and their bell brass snares were pricey.

Edit: I just checked Sweetwater’s site and they list it at $1800. Must be that special shipping cost to Oz in @Tiges post.

View attachment 126572

Still, no thanks. Too busy of a finish, and I’d rather save up for something else.
Yeh im in Australia that must be listed to get it shipped here still a big NO NO.

It's a tie between that snare and the Titanium.
Can't afford either one right now.
Do I need yet another snare? No. Do I want one? Yes!

They should have opted for all machined hoops and hardware as well, it is the 50th.... right? would have been epically justifiable (to me anyway) I would have happily paid more for THAT.

Super gorgeous drums.

Way out of my price range.

And like, you can find a Craviotto for half as much, or if you're patient, a Timeless Timber DW/Craviotto for about the same amount of money.

Back