DW 5000 vs. Mapex Falcon single pedal.

Hello folks,

I'm in the market for a new bass drum pedal and would like to know your honest thoughts on the two mentioned pedals. I've played the older single chain version of the DW 5000 and liked it. But I have read some really good reviews on the Falcon pedal.

Yore thoughts?

retoxtony

I would go with the Falcon, but theyre both good pedals. I have a older Falcon double and i've been very happy with it. Nice and smooth and just feels right to me. I do also like the 5000s but i've never actually owned one. One thing about the Falcon is that they are a little narrower than most other pedals so if you have huge feet or move your foot around alot it might not be for you. Like with anything else, i'd say try them both before spending the cash.

Destroyer772

Gold Member
I have owned both and have to say I liked the Falcon a little better, it has a smaller foot print and is smooth/fast. I will say that I gave both up for the Tama Speed Cobra, the pedal is a testament to Tama's commitment to excellence in their products.

retoxtony

I have owned both and have to say I liked the Falcon a little better, it has a smaller foot print and is smooth/fast. I will say that I gave both up for the Tama Speed Cobra, the pedal is a testament to Tama's commitment to excellence in their products.
I also have a SpeedCobra and it's a very nice pedal. I think it feels a lot like the Falcon. Both have a little longer footboard than pedals like a Iron Cobra or a 5000 and it's nice and smooth. I do still prefer the Falcon over it but that might be just because I've had it a long time and I'm very used to it.

Well I said I would post a review, but it is not very favorable. After I messed around with the adjustments to get the pedal where I liked it and played on it for a week or so I loved it. We had a show one night and while setting up I went through and made sure all the "nuts and bolts" were secure so I didn't have an issue while playing, when the cam cracked. I owned the pedal less than a month. I have tried contacting Mapex, got an email asking me to send a picture of the broken part. I did, and I have yet to receive a reply. So It looks like I'm going to drop another two hundred bucks and get a DW I guess.