DW 5000 Adjustment Advice

rinlow

I’m newbie drummer looking to get some advice on how to adjust an older single chain DW5000. I’ve adjusted the spring tension and beater height etc and can’t seem to get the pedal to stop rattling. It’s very noisy. I noticed the chain is not fully set back as far as it can go (looks like it could be adjusted 2 more places, which would bring it further forward).
I took a quick video video below. Any advice? Thanks! 😊

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Sounds like something isn’t tightened. Is the piece on the axle that holds the beater tightened down? You need Allen wrenches for that. Likewise check the sprocket-that is also tightened via Allen wrench. Another thing that could be loose is the base nut that holds the spring to the pedal. That nut needs to be tightened down once you have it where you like it.

rinlow

Bo - Thanks so much for the tips. You were right on! After closer inspection, the 3/8"screw was missing from undernearth the beater that tighens it to the axle. A quick trip to the hardware store, and 59 cents later, I'm back in business, with no more rattling. Huge improvement! I'll order some DW official screw replacements soon.