DW 3000 snare stand base diameter

Rochelle Rochelle

Can anyone who had one of these stands tell me the diameter of the base? I'm looking for a stand that has a smaller footprint but I don't see this spec listed.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I haven't owned one but the DW website states the current 3300 Snare Stand has a 3/4" OD upper tube and a 1" OD base tube.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
You don't have to extend the legs all the way. It's just like a cymbal stand. You can tighten it down when it has the diameter you like. I'm pretty sure the base diameter isn't something they offer different sizes of.

What do you need the space for? This could be the first time I heard this question.

Rochelle Rochelle

You don't have to extend the legs all the way. It's just like a cymbal stand. You can tighten it down when it has the diameter you like. I'm pretty sure the base diameter isn't something they offer different sizes of.

What do you need the space for? This could be the first time I heard this question.

I am very short and I have everything in pretty close to me and I want space to put my double pedal on. I have gotten a two-legged hi-hat stand and I am looking for a snare stand where the legs don't extend out as far. With the current stand I have, if I don't extend the legs all the way out, the stand is wobbly.

Rochelle Rochelle

Extend the pedals a bit more futher out.

If you use a smaller footprint for the legs, that still doesn’t change the diameter of the snare, so your feet will be in a awkward position.

My main problem is my hi-hat is pretty close in because of my short arms. I have brought the legs of my current snare stand in a little without it being too wobbly and I will see how that goes. I haven't moved the double bass pedal over from my e-kit to try it yet.