DW 3000 pedal default settings?

lxh039

Hey guys. I own a DW 3000 series bass drum pedal. I bought it used fairly recently. Whoever owned it before me had seriously altered the footboard height, spring tension, and beater positioning from their original settings. As a result, the thing was completely wacky when I first bought it. All over the place, no control. I have adjusted the settings repeatedly to try to get it to feel right, but I can't find a sweet spot. It's either super sensitive and difficult to control, or really weak and sluggish, making it impossible to do defined double strokes.

What I've decided to do is to reset all of the pedal's settings back to where they were when shipped from the DW factory, then focus on adjusting my technique instead of the pedal. I figure the default settings are probably what is preferred by most drummers, so that'd be a good starting point. Only problem is, I don't know what those settings were. Could anyone tell me which position the footboard, beater, and spring are set to when you buy the pedal new?

Hey guys. I own a DW 3000 series bass drum pedal. I bought it used fairly recently. Whoever owned it before me had seriously altered the footboard height, spring tension, and beater positioning from their original settings. As a result, the thing was completely wacky when I first bought it. All over the place, no control. I have adjusted the settings repeatedly to try to get it to feel right, but I can't find a sweet spot. It's either super sensitive and difficult to control, or really weak and sluggish, making it impossible to do defined double strokes.

What I've decided to do is to reset all of the pedal's settings back to where they were when shipped from the DW factory, then focus on adjusting my technique instead of the pedal. I figure the default settings are probably what is preferred by most drummers, so that'd be a good starting point. Only problem is, I don't know what those settings were. Could anyone tell me which position the footboard, beater, and spring are set to when you buy the pedal new?

Default settings are a non issue when you're trying to 'find it'.

Google image a 3000, look where the chain is on the cam (looks like 3 clicks down). BOOM! All you need is to find spring tension and that's going to be where 'you' like it, there's your settings.

Attachments

• Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 355
I have adjusted the settings repeatedly to try to get it to feel right, but I can't find a sweet spot.

So you've done all the trial and error? There are only 3 options on that pedal (beater length, footboard angle, beater angle). Might take a little more time.... or perhaps this pedal may simply not be the one for you.
Pedals can be as individual as shoes.

Back