DW 25th anniversary drum set.

rickforzese

I own a 25th anniversary DW Collector Series drum set. I would like to sell it and would like to know how much it is worth.

The Drum Workshop, 25th anniversary celebration is their limited edition of the DW Collector Series drumset. Fiddleback maple lacquer Anniversary Amber finish. The deluxe commemorative wood inlay band sets off your brass-plated hardware.

Drum sizes are:
Bass drum 16 x 22
Tom 8 x 10
Tom 9 x 12
Floor Tom 11 x 14
Floor Tom 13 x 16

All drums have come with a quality assurance inspection certificate card from DW. Each drum has been signed by John Good and Don Lombardi, the presidents and owners*of Drum Workshop.

These drums are in excellent condition, I am the original owner.

I would hazzard a guess between $2500.00 and $2800.00 you could expect for this set depending on condition of course.

A lovely kit, I think made at the tail-end of their Keller era, which may or may not mean anything to a potential buyer. I think in today's market, $2000-2250 is about right for the kick & toms by themselves. The stands and snare would definitely add more to the price.

Bermuda

i would pay 2500-3000 for your set

Last edited:
i have a matching dw 25th anniversary snare for this kit. fiddleback maple, 14x7, signed.
also curious on value of the snare if anyone knows, thank you

i have a matching dw 25th anniversary snare for this kit. fiddleback maple, 14x7, signed.
also curious on value of the snare if anyone knows, thank you

Here's all the DW 25th Anniversary drums that have SOLD on Reverb. That should give you an idea.

If the reinforcement rings on the shell have a straight joint the are Keller shells. If they have an interlocking joint they are DW shells. Just wanted to clarify that. ;)

I dunno. The Keller shells really weren't anything special. Pretty standard lay up ply wood shells. I have a couple Keller shelled toms and they sound the same as the DW shells to me. I've mixed the two together and didn't notice one or the other having more or less sustain or decay. That may change with different tuning ranges. I tend to tune pretty low and open.

I have also compared DW drums to Yamaha MCAN drums and didn't notice any difference. Drum by drum size by size. The Yamaha's are light shells with minimal lug contact and the DW shells are heavier with these huge hub cap lugs. I happen to like the lugs. LOL. Again, no real difference. All these theories guys have don't seem to apply in a practical sense. It is interesting though. Kinda.

The new DW shells offer more options that most other companies combined. You just have to know what sound you want to get and then select shells that will deliver it. They have recently introduced the Santa Monica series that is said to reproduce the original offerings. So, something for everyone.

Some love them and some don't. The way of the world. YMMV

Back