Dualist double pedal?

williamsbclontz

Silver Member
Dualist dual pedal?

I just recently injured my leg pretty badly and it's effected my bass drum playing a lot. I can still hit and lay into the drum pretty hard but my doubles are real weak and slow. Has anyone used these dualist pedals and what is the quality like? Is this a good buy or are there any other suggestions? I usually use a DW 5000 but I'll need something to gig with until I recover

Last edited:

mikyok

Platinum Member
I have one, don't bother is the honest answer.

Got mine in 2003ish, had the triple extension as well. They're great until something goes wrong. Very fiddly

Stick with a 5000 and let your injury heal. A lightweight pedal might help like a speed king.

williamsbclontz

Silver Member
I have one, don't bother is the honest answer.

Got mine in 2003ish, had the triple extension as well. They're great until something goes wrong. Very fiddly

Stick with a 5000 and let your injury heal. A lightweight pedal might help like a speed king.
That's too bad, it looks like a cool concept. But I don't doubt it can break easily, it looks like there's so many different levers and parts to it

mikyok

Platinum Member
That's too bad, it looks like a cool concept. But I don't doubt it can break easily, it looks like there's so many different levers and parts to it
Yep that's it in a nutshell.

Getting the return beater right so the 16th notes are even is a nightmare in itself. Beater height, strap position, altering the cam. Then there's the latch that holds the second beater.

Bringing back bad memories!

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Re: Dualist dual pedal?

I just recently injured my leg pretty badly and it's effected my bass drum playing a lot. I can still hit and lay into the drum pretty hard but my doubles are real weak and slow. Has anyone used these dualist pedals and what is the quality like? Is this a good buy or are there any other suggestions? I usually use a DW 5000 but I'll need something to gig with until I recover
Doubles will improve if you give your injury time to heal and not worry about hitting hard and laying into the drum. That takes extra effort that isn't needed.

williamsbclontz

Silver Member
Re: Dualist dual pedal?

Doubles will improve if you give your injury time to heal and not worry about hitting hard and laying into the drum. That takes extra effort that isn't needed.
Well I use heel up technique, so the way I play is I just lift up my whole leg and use the weight of my leg to get a big note from the drum. My injury is just stopping me from being able to get fast notes after each other. I play pretty loud but not like metal or anything which I guess most people who buy this petal are into

A good example of a song I can't play anymore is "bright lights" by Gary Clark Jr. The groove uses a fast bass drum pattern I can't do anymore because of the speed of the 2 notes after each other. There's no pain or anything, I just can't get the multiple notes and as of right now I don't really have a timetable from my doctors of a recovery so I'm weighing my options