Drums & coffee

Cmdr. Ross

Platinum Member
Well, the coffee part anyway. :devilish:

Any of you have a story about a person you know who drinks coffee all day?
To the level you never see them without a mug or cup?

I have a coworker that I swear he has an IV drip of the stuff. Yeah, I'm down with my caffeine addiction, but some people it's approaching an illness.

Drums and coffee are inseparable in my universe. I don't imbibe coffee constantly though. I have it first thing in the morning and again in late afternoon. I can't recall the last time I experienced a day without coffee, but I think it's been over twenty years. My brain would shut down amid a caffeine outage.

*raises hand* moi apart from sugar-free and aspartame-free soda, i drink coffee pretty much all the time, even after midnight.

i get some funny looks sometimes from some bars/venues i play when everyones ordering alcohol and im ordering coffee (if they sell it)

I get some funny looks sometimes from some bars/venues i play when everyone's ordering alcohol and I'm ordering coffee (if they sell it).
Ditto.
I'm not a drinker, but bar bash gigs are my deal. So I'll order coffee for the shows rather than shots & I get looks.

Last edited:
I drink this:

ENOSN.jpg
I cant handle caffeine anymore. I do genuinely like the taste of coffee, and Newman's Own uses swiss water process to decaffeinate. Most others use a chemical stripping process.

I only drink a cup or two a week anymore. Since I no longer require coffee, I can actually enjoy it once in a while and be okay with that.

When I read the title, I thought you were suggesting doing something like Cars and Coffee, except with drums. Which would actually be a cool idea—getting together with a bunch of other drummers on a Sunday morning at some cool outdoor spot, where everybody brings their kits and sets up for an impromptu jam. Could be cool.

If you're not familiar with Cars and Coffee: https://cars.coffee

Drums and coffee are inseparable in my universe. I don't imbibe coffee constantly though. I have it first thing in the morning and again in late afternoon. I can't recall the last time I experienced a day without coffee, but I think it's been over twenty years. My brain would shut down amid a caffeine outage.
I do the same one cup in the morning then one in the afternoon after work, maybe 2 cups in the morning on Sat and Sun but none in the afternoon, there is no particular reason I do this just habit, yes I can have more but I just don't. Caffeine does not have any (noticeable) effect on me just like energy drinks, I would have to drink 5 or 6 tall monster drinks to even feel like anything different is happening (And no I never have done any drugs not even pot). I also rarely drink and mostly beer. I guess I am a huge nerd....(at least my wife thinks that).

If anyone shows up on here talking “instant” I won’t be responsible for my actions!!😖😂

I have instant coffee but not the cheap stuff, only for when i need a caffiene hit first thing in the morning and i dont have the energy or effort to set up my filter machine or dolce gusto or tassimo or nespresso or cafetiere xD xD

I have instant coffee but not the cheap stuff, only for when i need a caffiene hit first thing in the morning and i dont have the energy or effort to set up my filter machine or dolce gusto or tassimo or nespresso or cafetiere xD xD
if you get expensive (and good) coffee beans.. pre-grind them, then store then in an air sealed container... would that constitute instant coffee...

I get the stink eye because I have never drank coffee...I can't stand the taste of it. Tried it once in high school and never again. I LOVE the smell of it though. Same thing with cigars...never tried one - Straight Edge etc...- but love the smell

Coffee and drums- it’s cheaper and even good for you -compared to meth and coke. So a win win. Without coffee or tea scientific research would likely cease LOL. I usually drink 3 in a row in morning then lunch , midday, then right before or after supper. So about 6 cups on average sometimes more.

I knew a nurse that drank coffee all day. Maybe 10 cups a day. I thought it odd that a nurse would do that. She said it doesn't do anything.

I knew a nurse that drank coffee all day. Maybe 10 cups a day. I thought it odd that a nurse would do that. She said it doesn't do anything.
That's called building up a tolerance for sure (probably the only thing that keeps her going in her busy job).
I'd hate to see the withdrawal symptoms if she ever stopped drinking it though!

I'm addicted to coffee/caffeine. I drink x2 20-ounce cups every day, I brew it the night before and put it in the fridge because I prefer it cold. I'd do cold brew but I don't want to deal with the mess/extra work.

I've always liked coffee but I used to put a ton of cream and sugar in it and I wanted something I could drink black, when we were in Hawaii I found a coffee that I really like black, and now I order it in bulk every few months, $20 a pound is probably outrageous but since I quit drinking and smoking I can splurge on one vice!

Back